At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: AEROFLY PD GC W/FREE ADD-ONS Reviews

AEROFLY PD GC W/FREE ADD-ONS Reviews

The Best Flight Simulator
    This has got to be the best flight simulator on the market. The only way you will find a better flight simulator is to join the air force. This simulator when compared to most simulators i have tried in the past blows them out of the water. With the right add on purchase this is the best available.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Gallman, Lucas

Re: AEROFLY PD GC W/FREE ADD-ONS Reviews

Great Simulator
    I've had this simulator for a while and have tried almost all the others and have to say that Aerofly Pro Deluxe (and Phoenix) are my favorite simulators. I've learned a ton from these simulators and find them both to be the most realistic sims on the market. With the add-ons and the controller, you can't go wrong.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Klein, Matt

Teach yourself to fly!
    Few sounds are more gut-wrenching to an R/C pilot than the loud “CRUNCH” of a beloved aircraft-and a significant investment of time and money-smashing itself to atoms. Whenever we take to the air there is the possibility of the unexpected causing an accident-a puff of wind at the wrong moment upon landing, or the surprise failure of a key component (even though we do a thorough pre-flight check). Still, being prepared greatly reduces the odds of an accident, and part of being prepared is practice. When I was learning to fly, I was inept enough to destroy two Wingos, and one has to almost be trying to crash a Wingo. I wish I’d had a less expensive way to earn my R/C wings on my own.
    Enter Ikarus’s Aerofly PRO Deluxe R/C flight simulator. If you have a computer that meets the system requirements, this is bar none the best way to learn to fly R/C on your own. For the price of one relatively inexpensive R/C plane, you can fly over 100 different models on nearly 50 different airfields. Begin with tame planes, like the Bleriot, and move up to more challenging models as your skills improve. All the crashes (and lessons learned from them) are free. You can fly inside when weather conditions outside forbid it, and develop the motor memory necessary to execute breathtaking aerobatics or avert crashes that might be caused by a gust of wind or an errant seagull. The mark of good (or great) pilots is hours of experience, and you can rack them up with this flight simulator. You can adjust wind speed and variability, visibility, and other flight variables, or add fun effects like smoke. There are also different challenge games you can play, such as balloon popping.
    Some things to know before you buy: you can run this simulator with the minimum system requirements, but it’s best to have the recommended system setup, particularly if you want to add effects like smoke. The modeling of the landscape could be a bit more precise. Many’s the time I flew over the treetops, with a reasonable amount of space between my plane and the trees, and suddenly my model would crash into some invisible barrier above a tree. This isn’t necessarily all bad, as it teaches you to stay well clear of obstacles, but if you want to play daredevil with a highly maneuverable plane your options are limited. Your type of transmitter also limits which models you can fly. With my Hitec Laser 4 it’s harder to fly models with retractable gear (though not impossible, I just have to put up with the drag of having the gear down). For a big, heavy plane like the DC-3, plan on using a LOT of runway to get it stopped if you don’t have a channel for wheel brakes.
    Inevitably, when I’m flying at the local park, someone approaches me and asks how I got started. I tell them how I got started (by crashing planes), then tell them how I should have started, with a good R/C flight simulator like this one. If you want to teach yourself to fly R/C, this is the way to go.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Richard, Edouard

AFPD Rocks!
    I bought AFPD when it came out years ago and I'm still flying it! Using this simulator, I was able to learn how to fly 3D without breaking any of my planes. I was able to learn to hover so well that when I got my first 3D foamie flying, I was doing tail-touches in the grass on the second flight.

Since this is the "interface version" of the simulator, that means it comes with a cable that plugs into your own transmitter. I like this over the Game Commander since I am flying the sim with the same transmitter I use to fly my real models. I have all the programming of the transmitter available to me as well. I just program one of the model memories and reserve that memory for AFPD.

There is more to this sim than just hovering. You can fly fast planes, slow planes, gliders, helis...you name it. You can change the views so that you are following the plane or even riding along in the plane.

Here's some ideas on fun things to do with AFPD:

1. Select a good 3D plane like the Extra 330S and select the Aircraft Carrier scenery. Switch to follow mode and take off. Roll into knife-edge flight and hold it there. Now fly around and see if you can fly thru the holes (plane elevators) in the aircraft carrier. Now see how many "laps" you can make before ripping a wing off.

2. Select one of the gliders and one of the sceneries that has hills around the perimeter. Crank up the wind and adjust the direction so it blows toward the slope. Take off (in follow mode) and fly toward the slope. Climb to the top of the hill and buzz the spot where you'd want to stand if you were flying there. Hit F5 to jump off the plane (switch to fixed view mode). Now pump the wind and have some fun sloping!

3. Adjust the reset time after crash to more than the default. Set it to 30 seconds or so and see if you can keep flying after you knock a wing or elevator off. Hit space to reset.

4. Cruise some of the AFPD websites and find some really interesting, and really GOOD, airplanes and sceneries.

AFPD can be a very entertaining "game", but it is also a valuable training tool for learning to fly. It is great for practicing aerobatic maneuvers so you can teach your brain the stick movements necessary to fly a maneuver. In most cases, that practice time is time-well-spent when you actually start flying the real planes.

Great simulator!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Grose, Andy

USA Edition Add-On
    I purchased the USA Add-On mainly for the fact that it comes with Hodges Hobbies field in Americus Georgia. Anybody who's anybody knows that Hodges is the home of SEFF (Southeast Electric Flight Festival). As I had hoped, the field was exactly as I remember it!

For me the sceneries make this Add-On worth it. The aircraft however didn't impress me a whole lot. The big Telemaster is not an electric powered motor and doesn't include flaps.

I still am satisfied with it, but not as much as the True Scale Add-On.... in my opinion, the best upgrade out there for AFPD!
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Grose, Gary

The BEST AFPD Add-On!
    The True Scale Edition Add-On for AFPD is the absolute coolest add-on there is! There are so many good planes that there should be enough to please anybody. The way these big planes fly feels so real. The new sceneries with the Multi-Pano views keep things interesting.

Here's some cool things to do with True Scale...

1. Edit the Piper Cub model to increase the engine horsepower to 180hp. Increase control surface throws to 45 degrees or so. Now 3D the mess outta that thing. Hovering and torque-rolling a Cub is just funny to see!

2. Crank up the horsepower on the Spitfire and see how fast you can get it. With just a modest increase in horsepower (2000hp I think), I'm getting 530+ mph! Be careful how hard you pull on the stick at speeds above 300...umm...the wings like to depart the aircraft!

3. Select the Dromader cropduster plane. When you start out, switch to follow mode and then deploy the flaps and watch what the pilot does. He opens the window, leans out, and waves his cowboy hat around rodeo-style.

True Scale has turned out to be WAY more fun than I ever imagined. If you have AFPD, you should get this add-on!

Team International Edition 1 Add-on is way cool!
    Although this add-on comes with fewer planes, it manages to deliver some quality models. For 3D pilots, the SebArt SU-29 and Krill Katana will be the go-to planes for throwing down some smooth 3D madness. The planes look awesome and fly great. The helis are great too. They can make you look like a pro. They fly so much better than the stock AFPD helis. The new sceneries are simply spectacular. The photo-realistic fields make you think you're actually at the field. I'm glad I picked up this add-on.