At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Advanced F15 Desert Camo ARF Reviews

Advanced F15 Desert Camo ARF Reviews

The best F-15 electric jet ever
    This is a great electric fan plane. The packaging was excellent with absolutely no damage from shipping. The molded parts went together extremely easy and there were no problems with getting everything lined up. The best part is how the jet flys. I could not ask for a better flying electric foam F-15. Takes off smooth grass with ease, is rock solid in the air with no bad tendencies. Just line it up for landing and it settles in with a slightly nose high attitude. So far no issues with the servos, speed control, or landing gear. After I wear this one out I plan to buy another.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Carrington, Lowell

Re: Advanced F15 Desert Camo ARF Reviews

F-15 AGGRESSOR
    WOW I'M BLOWN AWAY BY THIS JET. BOUGHT IT ON SALE A FEW WEEKS AGO AND HAD NO IDEAR IT WOULD BE SUCH AN EASY BUILD AND JUST AS EASY TO FLY.I USED 5 MINUTE EPOXY ON EVERYTHING AND RE-ENFORCED THE TAIL SECTION WITH CARBON FIBRE RODS TO STIFFEN THAT AREA UP.. I DID HAVE TO PLAY AROUND WITH THE BATTERY HATCH AREA AND PUT STRONGER LATCHES ON THAT DOOR. I USED SERVO CONTROL ARMS AND NOW I LIKE IT BETTER.ALL THE WEIGHT OF THE BATTERY IS ON THE DOOR SO I WANTED IT TO STAY SHUT. THATS IT.5 MINUTE FLIGHT TIMES ON THE 4S BATTERY. DID TRY A 3S BUT THE PLANE WAS SLOWER AND VERY SLUGGISH. SO THATS IT. NOT MUCH TO SAY EXCEPT THIS IS A GREAT LITTLE JET. HAVE 6 FLIGHTS ON IT PRIOR TO THIS REVIEW SO I GUESS I'M GOOD TO GO.IF IT GOES ON SALE AGAIN PICK ONE UP. KENNY,CAPE COD,MA.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by DUTRA, KENNETH

Good choice!
    Model is well built, good finish to the paint and good details. The most time building was in putting on the decals. After that - butt-glue the flight surfaces, install the gear and wire in the receiver. Performance is very fast - will do incredible snap rolls with good precision, and I'm able to reach sustained vertical climbs with the stock power setup. Note: This plane is advertised as a four-channel, which is true, because the rudder output from the receiver goes to the nose wheel steering. There is no rudder control on this plane! However, it seems a crafty modeler could make a very credible adaptation on this plane to achieve that control.
    The weakest link is the gear itself. As with many ARF's the plane is delivered with the mounting base for the wheel axles already installed - just press in the axle assembly and your done. On the first landing, the gear collapsed because the glue on the base did not hold up - too skimpy. I re glued it using CA, but it came off again on a normal, soft roll-out, landing on an asphalt surfaced runway! Since, I've taken two-part epoxy to hold the base plate on, and it seems to hold up so far.
    I'm looking forward to mounting E-Flight's new electric 10-size retracts on this bird!
    A couple of bugs on this plane, but a solid choice and exciting performer! ccrcswebmaster@comcast.net
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Anderson, David

completely under rated jet and i dont know why
    i fly alot of EDFs..alot- from the nicd days and IC ducted fans..and then from the first alfa model's huckebein..ive spent hundreds, nay thousands of $ on RC EDFs.
    Currently i have a yak23, huckbein, f22, f117, su47, several depron pushers...etc..

I also have this jet. I was surprised to see it "on sale" and suppose it's sales figures must be low. I received the notification via email.

What i can tell you is this jet- mine is on 3s (the one on sale is on 4s), is a fantastic flyer and easily one of the best jets ive flown. Its the best in my current stable hands down. I hand launch mine and it jumps out without problem. so mods, completely stock.

flies like its on rails- capable of all aerobatics..no need to modify in any way. (well perhaps check that the linkages are all secure).

I rate this as high as it allows and urge those contemplating it to grab it or miss out.

i hope my feedback helps others make the decision to get one.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by newman, tim

Excellent aircraft/easy build!
    At the sale price recently of $120, this plane is unarguably on of the finest I've flown to date.
    Decals and foam graphics are superb, and the quality of construction is excellent, overall. To build the plane, the first step is to place the water-decals, then butt-glue all the flight surfaces. The EDF, motor, and all servos are pre-installed. After gluing, simpling snap in the landing gear and install/adjust your receiver.
    This F-15 will surprise you with its performance. Axial rolls are very, very fast. Roll out is surprisingly steady on take-off, with vertical climbs right off the runway! After about ten flights, I have no quality issues except for the landing gear.
    The supplied LiPo battery is very suited, and gives me about ten minutes of flight flying a tame scale pattern. Getting aggressive, you'll still get about five - seven minutes of flight time.
    The only negative note is the attachment of the mounting base for the main gear. Not enough glue was used at the factory on my model, and sure enough, the base came right off on the first landing. One rougher landing in the grass later ripped off one base, along with the foam sidewalls. After using liberal two-part epoxy to re-fit however, several flights later the mains are holding up. I plan to use E-Flights new electric servo system as a retro-fit.
    Overall excellent aircraft, fun to fly, and exciting!
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Anderson, David