At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: 8 GRAM DIGITAL MICRO SERVO Reviews

8 GRAM DIGITAL MICRO SERVO Reviews

Unbeatable value in a micro servo
    I've purchased a lot of these, and really like them. I have found them to be quite durable, surviving what could only be described as abuse. They center as only digital servos can, and are quite strong. Given a choice between the Hitec HS-55 and these, I use these every time.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Anderson, Kevin

Re: 8 GRAM DIGITAL MICRO SERVO Reviews

Potentiometer defect
    I ordered two of these servos expecting them to be as well made as the five gram servos I previously ordered. One of the servos had a defective potentiometer which failed to limit the servo motor travel when it was made to swing from one end of its arc to the other. I sent it back to have it replace under warranty and the replacement servo had the same defect. Sending that one back wasn't worth the cost so I took the servo apart to see if I could figure out what was wrong with the potentiometer. As it turns out, the defect in the potentiometer is a small one and can easily be fixed. Inside the potentiometer there is a half disc formed from concentric copper rings and when it is viewed edge on there is a u-bend on its circumference. This u-bend is normally supposed to contact either the positive or negative power lead terminals in the potentiometer and in my case, the u-bend was not large enough to completely contact the negative terminal. I was able to fix it by using two jewelers screwdrivers to enlarge the u-bend so it completely contacted the terminal. As I said earlier, the servo now works perfectly; however, I'm only going to used it in an expendable plane.
    The five gram servos I ordered have worked extremely well and I was very impressed by their quality. But considering the fact that HS-55 servos aren't much more expensive than these 8 gram servos, I have to say that they would be a better buy.
    I give this product 1 stars. Review by Payne, Carl