At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: 70mm EDF BL System F35 F16 Rebel Reviews

70mm EDF BL System F35 F16 Rebel Reviews

F-35 ARF fan
    This fan came in my new Hobby lobby F-35. When testing servo functions during assembly, I advanced the throttle to no more than 1/4th to verify correct motor direction. I heard immediate unusual noise and shut it down. Autopsy showed fan spinner split into two pieces and 3 blades damaged. No other damage. Will replace with HET 6904 and upgrade to 2W20 motor with 60A esc because I can't trust that a replacement Hobby Lobby fan wouldn't do the same thing as the original.

(Note from Hobby Lobby - that will happen to any fan where the spinner screw is overtightened)

Norm J
    I give this product 1 stars. Review by johnston, norman

Re: 70mm EDF BL System F35 F16 Rebel Reviews

70mm Ducted fan for F-35
    This fan was stock in my new F-35 ARF. While testing servos for correct direction & throw during construction, I spooled up the fan to verify correct motor direction. At less than 1/4th throttle, I heard a loud snap and felt unusual shaking. autopsy revealed the spinner split in half which took out 3 fan blades. Decided to upgrade to HET 6904 fan with 2W20 and 60A esc since I would be worried a stock replacement fan would also self destruct. Luckily, this all happened on the bench and there was no collateral damage. I can always use the stock 3000Kv motor & 45A esc in a pusher park jet.

Norm J
    I give this product 1 stars. Review by johnston, norman