At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *TOP*Telemaster Electro ARF Reviews

*TOP*Telemaster Electro ARF Reviews

One Great Flying Plane
    I have owned a few aircraft, from hotliners to to slowflyers and this is one of my favorites. I have the flycamone setup on this bird and makes for some great video. This plane is for all types of flyers, beginners to advanced. It's just a fun plane to fly.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Murphy, Glenn

Re: *TOP*Telemaster Electro ARF Reviews

MAJESTIC! FLY WITH STYLE AND SIZE!
    this one has it all! a few years ago i was new two remote control planes and i wanted something that looked realistic and of course easy to fly! and it had to be big! price was also very important. so i purchased the telemaster arf and used all the info that hobby-lobby listed below the add. it flew like a dream and I ordered another one just in case i were to crash my very first plane. i did join a club and got my wings. this i strongly recommend
    i finally sold the extra telemaster to my friend so he could lean to fly as well! instructions were well written and easy to follow. my club instructor was very impressed with my first attempt. the axi 28/26 12 with a 13x8 prop surprised most at our club as i was one of the very few using battery power. it lifted of like the silk and floated like an eagle. i would advise anyone new to the hobby to put the telemaster number one on your wish list, for the experienced you can use the flap feature and it may well become your favorite plane for may years to come.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by ironside, jim

A very relaxing plane to fly.
    I have had my telemaster electro for a few years and love this plane. This is a very relaxing plane to fly as it is forgiving and you can fly very slow to medium speeds. I also use this plane to buddy box new pilots as it is so easy to fly it builds confidence in most all novice pilots. This plane is so versatile I have put wireless cameras on it and a box to drop parachute little plastic paratroopers for my nephew.

This plane is for those who want a stable flight with basic aerobatics. The power system recommended is what I am using now.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Luders, Ryan

Awesome airplane with gentle flying characteristics.

4 out of 5 Stars due to some minor issues. The Tail Wheel control is seriously lacking for this size plane. It also caused the bottom of the Rudder to break up. I rebuilt the bottom of the rudder and added a "Dubro Semi-Scale Tail Wheel System Size 20-60" This gave the authority needed to control the plane while taxiing and protect the rudder from side loading.

The second thing I came across is the supplied control horn screws are too short for the thickness of the control surfaces. I noticed this most with the Elevator and intended to go back after building to secure it properly but failed to do so (totally my own fault) I made my maiden flight without a backing plate on the Elevator horn and to say the least it got interesting when I lost elevator control. I am happy to report though that cutting the throttle to zero the plane remains in a gentle level "float" as the airspeed bleeds off it noses down a little till enough airspeed is regained and then levels back off. I was able to land undamaged. I replaced both (Rudder/Elevator) control horn mounts with sizes that were appropriate.

The power seemed a little lacking on 3S. With the large wing area and light wing loading even a 5mph breeze caused some minor issues at slow flight. I stepped up to a 4S configuration with a separate Receiver battery/bec and this made all the difference.

It is truly a wonderful plane with great sturdy construction and gentle flying characteristics. I would recommend that everyone have at least one Telemaster in their hangar.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Adee, Raymond

ONE WORD MAJESTIC!!
    I FIRST GOT THE BUG A FEW YEARS AGO, BUT I WANTED A TRAINER THAT ACTUALLY LOOKED LIKE A PLANE. MOST TRAINERS ARE A LITTLE SMALL I WANTED SOMETHING BIG! THE TELEMASTER ELECTRO SEEMED TO BE EVERY THING I WANTED. IT WAS AN ARF AND THE LOW PRICE CONVINCED ME! I FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTION BOOK TO THE LETTER, WHEN MY CLUB INSTUCTOR INSPECTED IT FOR IT'S MAIDEN FLIGHT HE WAS AMAZED AT THE JOB I HAD DONE AND THE QUALITY OF THE PLANE. MOST AT OUR CLUB HAD ONLY USED GLOW POWER SO WERE TOTALLY SHOCKED HOW QUICK THE AXI 28/26 12 LIFTED IT MAJESTICALLY TO THE AIR. I RECEIVED MY WINGS IN NO TIME AT ALL. IF YOU DECIDE TO BUILD THIS BIRD WITH FLAPS IT COULD WELL BECOME YOUR FAVORITE FLYER FOR MANY YEARS TO COME.
    THANK JIM
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by ironside, jim

Telemasters Rock!
    I bought my Telemaster Electro to use as a trainer for my 6yr old son and AP platform once he moves to another plane. i use the recommended Axi 2826-12 on 4 cell LiPo and A123 battery packs which gives it great power for sport flying and hauling camera/video equipment. The TME is a super stable flyer and my son is flying it on a buddy box with little assistance. He should be flying solo in no time. My next role for the Electro is glider tow...my friend has a DG-100 that we are going to try to tow to altitude. I'm sure the TME will be up to the task! Great plane!!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Dallas, Randal

6 Foot Telemaster Electro ARF
    Would you believe I let this great looking plane sit in the box for over a year. Finally put the homeowner todo list on hold for something that really matters. I checked discussion threads on both rcgroups.com and masportaviator.com for info. Most people recommend some attention to the weak tail area, i.e. breaking of longerons where they join at tail end of fuselage. Others had stressed the rudder where tailwheel inserts. I hardened the hole in rudder for the tailwheel wire with thin CA and screwed on the control horn to "capture" the wire between the plates. You can also drip some Med. CA through the fin slot on top of fuse to bond the longerons a bit better, without having to remove the covering. I opted to install the flaps. This was pretty straight forward and sounds like way too much fun- a must do. Also,went for a bolt on wing option (a little tougher). Several methods are described on forums. I can rubber band it, too.No flight report yet, but that's a given.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Hall, Victor

My Success Story
    I selected the Electro Telemaster after years of observing other modelers recount their personal stories of their own gassie versions. This was going to be a return to my first days in RC (1974) when I pranged many "trainers" with little help from local modelers. I've been flying gliders and electric gliders and old timers since those days. I'd always thought "What if? What if I could really fly an RC model with ailerons, flaps and landing gear?"

The huge box arrived and we pulled out the poly-wrapped sections - marveling at the lightness of the structure. Although I was slightly taken aback at the decals all over the wing and fuselage sides advertising the model and her origins I decided to dub her my "Flying Billboard." The comments from my flying buddies were "I can't build as light as that!" and "I'll bet you could fly her without flaps."

I had ordered all the stock components called out on the HL Website and read through the construction booklet several times. The photos for each step left little doubt about the procedure. My desire to use flaps led me to using my Spektrum DX7 system with the easily configured, three-position flap switch. My more experienced flying buddies suggested eliminating the BEC and using the 1100 Mah Spektrum receiver battery to drive the 6 standard servos. I'd recommend that you consult with Hobby Lobby tech staff (great guys!) if you go this route. You'll have to disable the red (+) lead of the plug from the BEC going to the receiver. My reason was simply to not overtax the BEC and the motor battery keeping the servos happy and providing some peace of mind in power consumption.

Instructions in the booklet for cutting out and hinging/installing the flaps ailerons and control surfaces are very clear. In fact, all the instructions are very clear. This is the same for installation of the servos in the pre-built wing mounts. However, don't forget to use hook and loop tape (Velcro) to retain that big LiPo battery. The reusable cable tie holds it down but it does need that extra "belt and suspenders" margin of safety. The included hardware package is very complete but I swapped out a few items to wave weight. More about that later.

My mods: The nose hatch is so close-fitting and the magnetic hold down is so positive that I made a small "Lift Here" label at the front of the hatch. I also went with 3" light foam wheels (saving the stock wheels supplied in the hardware kit) which required a trip to the local hardware store to get some 2" long 1/8" socket head bolts to match my 3" wheels. I needed four matching nylon lock nuts. I also swapped out the metal-hubbed tail wheel for a lighter one in my inventory with a plastic hub. These changes might be considered trivial but I wanted to save weight where ever I could based on my previous electric experience.

Flying:
    This plane's a real joy. I traveled to our club's sod farm with a flying buddy who has loads of power plane experience. After a full power take off, the aircraft literally jumped off the grass in its maiden flight. Did I mention that I electronically coupled the ailerons and rudder? I think a beginner would appreciate that - I know I did. I quickly realized that I needed to throttle back because the Electro Telemaster was constantly gaining altitude and we soon realized I could hold level flight and cruise at slightly less than 1/2 throttle. My glider experience told me that, as various times, we were in thermal lift. I set up for the first landing and basically landed like a glider with a long, slow approach. Having a large landing area and an experienced buddy standing with me helped because I used a lot of landing space that first time. We worked on the elevator/flap arrangement and tested the flaps with plenty of altitude on the second and third flights. I was lucky and my down elevator settings on the DX7 were right on the money. Each succeeding flight built my confidence and I'm happy to report that, after moving from Illinois to New Mexico we are both happily flying in the "Land of Enchantment". Many modelers approach me on the flight line and ask about my Electro Telemaster. I have nothing to report but good things. Now, we're sure that this aircraft could easily aerotow 2 meter gliders. Of course those modifications are for a future date. Right now, I'm glad I took a chance on the Electro Telemaster ARF, and my new modeling success story courtesy of Hobby Lobby and electric power.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Moskal, Stephen

Telemaster is too much fun...
    What can you say about the Telemaster - other than everyone should have one...

I've had mind for close to 3 years and love it.. It is absolutely one of the birds that always makes it to the field with me...

The TM is extremely versatile.. You can load it up with a bomb drop, snazz it up with some nice wheel pants, bush it up with some 6" tires - whatever... I chose to go the 6" tire bush route and fly it off "unimproved" strips all the time...

Over the years of flying I've noticed that it's always nice to have a plane that is just out right dependable.. That's the Tele'.. It's stable enough not to cause my knees to knock and it's agile enough to put a smile on my face..

If you buy one - and you should - don't skip the flaps... They add a whole new dimension to the Telemaster! :)

Jeff Williams
    Florence, Al
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Williams, Jeff

6 Foot Telemaster aerial platform
    I bought this plane to use as an aerial platform. Using the recommended axi motor/prop combo and a 50 amp esc I had laying around the performance is great. I am using (2) 3s 2100 15C lipos in parallel to make up a 4200mah pack. I use only 1300mah in a timed 10 minute flight of leisurely cruising so long flight times are a given. I have flown her in 10 to 15 mph winds with no problem. I added the flaps and feel they are really a good idea for getting in and out of smaller sites more easily. Without flaps this planes glides forever and it is much easier to overshoot the landings. The following video will give you and idea of how she flies from the plane's perspective. Notice the flaps being dropped at about 4 minutes for the landing approach. A great plane with great ground handling.

http://vimeo.com/4078582
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by fritch, robert