At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: *DISC* P-47 Thunderbolt 2.4Ghz RTF Reviews

*DISC* P-47 Thunderbolt 2.4Ghz RTF Reviews

best arf I have ever bought !!!
    fasted build i have ever done- 30 minutes if you use foam safe CA. attach tail, main wing, and your done !!!! unbelievable detail on the plane. the pictures do it NO justice. the horizontal and vertical stabs are both airfoil shaped and add great scale looks. foam is hard but dents easily, so be gentile. retracts work great, but are fast, video shows slow'd servo. cowl paint cracks off if you squeeze too hard, so be gentile. scale prop looks cool. probably the best arf I have ever received. arf comes with battery. dont hesitate. buy this plane.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by runnels, chris

Re: *DISC* P-47 Thunderbolt 2.4Ghz RTF Reviews

P-47 THUNDERBOLT RTF
    WOW WHAT A GREAT FLYING PLANE THIS P-47 IS. I GOT MINE A FEW DAYS AGO AND PUT IT TOGETHER USING 30 MINUTE EPOXY INSTEAD OF TAPE OR CA. I DID HAVE MINOR DINGS HERE AND THERE AND THE COWL IS VERY FRAGILE. IT DENTS AND CRACKS VERY EASY. THE GRAPHICS ON THIS WAR BIRD ARE ABOUT THE BEST I'VE SEEN.THE RTF VERSION IS RIGHT ON BALANCE WITH THE STOCK BATTERY AND EVAN WITH A 2200 MAH IT STILL STAYS ON BALANCE AND YOU GET 20 MINUTES ON THAT BATTERY. YOU WILL HAVE TO USE A HOBBY KNIFE TO MAKE A GROVE FOR THE BIGGER BATTERY AND CONNECTION.ANYHOW I GOT TO THE FLYING FIELD AND EXPECTED THE PLANE TO GO TO THE LEFT ON TAKE OFF BUT IT WAS HARDLY NOTICABLE. I GUESS THE 4 BLADE IS BALANCED BETTER THAN THE 3 BLADE.I HAVE TO FIGHT THE RUDDER WHAN TAKING OFF THE BF-109 AND A FEW OTHERS BUT THIS WAS STRAIGHT AND GRACEFUL. EVERY LANDING WAS PERFECT WITH A THIRD OR MAYBE LESS THROTTLE.IT CAME IN JUST LIKE THE VIDIO SHOWS FLIGHT AFTER FLIGHT.I FOUND NO BAD TENDENCIES AND WITH THE GEAR UP IT HAS POWER TO GO VERTICAL A FEW HUNDRED FEET BEFORE FALLING OUT OF IT.I'M 65 YEARS OLD AND HAVE 35 PLANES IN MY HANGER AND THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST. THANKS HOBBY-LOBBY FOR A GREAT PLANE AND MANY THANKS TO MY SALEMAN DAVID.YOUR THE BEST. KENNY DUTRA,CAPE COD MA.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by DUTRA, KENNETH

great plane
    I got this during the sale for $219! awesome plane. the details are really nice. had a few good dings out of the box, and nice gash in the fuselage. but all in all a very nice plane for the money. not vertical performance but it actually has pretty good climb. real easy to fly, probably be a good first aileron plane its so stable, even just using the stock radio. can fly slow and can fly fast. bigger electric model. i really love this plane. great quality, even the charger had a built in fan. unfortunately the ac adapter was defective, but I'm sure hobby lobby will back that up and give me a new one. can't beat the price!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by kauai flyer

Nice Little Plane
    The plane arrived in great condition. It took me about an hour to put together the tail, prop, clevises, etc. and test/ adjust the control surfaces. The directions are clear. One of the pushrods for the tail wheel were not hooked up to the rudder servo, but it was not difficult to figure out where it needed to go. It has been about 15 years since I have flown a 4 channel model like this. I took it to a local park with an open area a little larger than a soccer field. I was afraid I might need more room, but the plane flies nice and can be flown reasonably slow so that you don't really need a bigger field than this (of course, it helps that there are not many tall trees around either).

It took a few laps to get the feel again, but it thankfully was forgiving of my over zealous full control throw corrections when it really only needed minor corrections and minor trimming. It was a little gusty (5-10 mph), so I went too slow landing and dipped a wing and it did a little ground loop on first landing and that cracked the fuselage apart right in front of the tail (the weakest point), but a dab of 5-min epoxy and I was back up again in no time. 2nd and 3rd flights were fine as I lost more of the jitters from not flying these little models for a while. A few barrel rolls and loops and low passes with the gear popping in and out. Lots of fun. Kids and adults really enjoyed watching and several came up to ask questions. My only complaint is that I wish the foam was a little tougher. In any case, now I want to buy one of each of the warbirds. They are so beautiful.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Mitchell, Paul

Thunder Jug P-47
    This Plane is a must have if you like war bird detail and flight pleasure! First thing packaging was great, not a problem, secondly I changed receivers and put a Spectrum unit in had to do some minor adjusting to the rear controls,cut a little relief in belly to allow battery cable to run parallel next to battery, adjusted left gear as it was hanging down a bit, FLEW THIS BIRD IN FREEZING AIR WITH 15 MPH WIND. Not AN ILL FATED WIGGLE SET COTROLS UP 70% FLYs SLOW OR FAST, LOVE THE GEAR FOLDING LOTS OF OLDER GENTS I FLY WITH LOVE THIS BIRD!!!! One guy named Lenord said he had enough planes BUT he said after seeing this plane he was headed home to order one up !!!! I LOVE IT. In future I will cut on dotted lines for flaps and stick in a front runner E-FLITE motor..........
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by armstrong, russ

update on P-47 JUG
    Well to date I,ve put 35 flights on this plane! But it did have the speed control fry..so I put flaps and added an E-Flight 480 front runner motor .Also a 40amp speed control and bigger spectrum receiver. Not only does it out perform alot of other planes I have it also is great to land on windy days, throttle on a bit and float in with flaps down. I recomend this aircraft to any one who likes flying a bit of history, its a heck of a performer.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by armstrong, russ

Thunderbolt P47
    One of the best planes I have in my collection. Received in great shape. Assembly was very easy and had no problems. When I installed the fine looking prop, it spun a little off center, checked and found prop adapter was machined a little off center, contacted Hobby lobby and they replaced adapter and all is fine. Those guy are great, always take care of the customer. I installed the servo controller to slow down the retracts and they function and look so real. Plane flies great and is very forgiving. Has power for aerobatics yet flies slow and easy also. Land with just a little throttle and sets down like a dream. Looks better than photos and video. Great plane to add to your fleet.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Shaffer, John