At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *DISC* Micro P-51 Mustang RTF Reviews

*DISC* Micro P-51 Mustang RTF Reviews

Cute but not very reliable.
    Generally I have nothing but good things to write about with products I have purchased from Hobby Lobby, however this is my first negative evaluation. I purchased this to bring with me to a 7 month assignment in Turkey. The very first time I powered the little plane up the propeller departed the shaft after less than 10 seconds of running. No problem, a dab of white glue on the prop shaft solved the problem. A second motor run went very well and after centering all of the controls I flew the little plane for about 30 seconds when the motor control simply quit working. The motor quit abruptly and would not respond to any throttle inputs at all. The elevator and ailerons continue to function normally but no motor control. Because of the distances involved and the fact that it has now been more than 30 days since the purchase was made, a return is not possible. It would appear that I have purchased a $100 desk ornament. Except for the fact that esc or motor has failed, the little plane is cute as it can be and the limited flight it made was quite pleasing....anyone who is comfortable with an aileron equipped plane will have no difficulty flying this little guy!
    I give this product 2 stars. Review by Owen, Dean

Re: *DISC* Micro P-51 Mustang RTF Reviews

always do a preflight check
    Just received the eRC micro P-51 and the plane looks great!! I took the plane out of the box, installed the battery and powered it up. There were a few things that if I did not fix! the plane would not fly!! First the aileron would lock up against the wing on one side. To fix this gently push or pull aileron making sure there is a small gap on each side of the aileron to keep it from binding. I also noticed the belly pan were the battery mounts was lose and barely tact glued!! The motor had lots of vibration but after inspection I found the nose cone out of center!! I just re-centered it and that fixed the vibration. Please DO NOT think negative of this plane it really is a nice micro aircraft but if you don't go over any airplanes control functions the life of the aircraft will short lived... FLIGHT!! The eRC micro P-51 Flys very nice!! It is not a speed demon or 3-D but think of it as a cruiser, a little sensitive on elevator but is very fun to fly!!! Not a beginner plane but a being a war plane fan I LOVE IT!!!! PS I first gave it 4 stars but for $99 bucks its a good deal *****
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Wenger, Lester

eRC Micro Mustang Ridge Runner III RTF
    Junk!
    No comparison to the other micro mustang. Very disappointing.
    I give this product 2 stars. Review by Opperman, Theodore

Great Plane
    Great little plane!! Super stable, Perfect to fly in a very small area .... If you are looking to have a nice park flyer with very predictable flight characteristics, then this is the one for you ... Buyer beware... This plane is not in the same league as the Parkzone version.... Will not do aerobatics well..... Awesome Sunday flyer for someone that desires little stress in going out to a park and just plain having fun....Give it four stars only because the manufacturer says that it is for intermediate to advanced fliers...... This is an intermediate plane, not an advanced one..... BUT for what it offers, it is a very good one....!!
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Adkins, James

Nice little Stang!
    Very nice scale details and proportions. Landing gear looks good but doesn't last long; the mounts came right off the wing on mine. Easy to hand launch though.

Move the elevator link to the outer-most hole as soon as you get this thing, as it has WAY too much elevator throw already! Be very VERY easy on the elevator when turning... even with the link moved all the way out, it still has too much elevator and will turn-and-tuck-in on itself in a heartbeat! Otherwise I have close to a dozen flights on mine now and it looks just gorgeous on close fly-bys! I like it very much! ps. The transmitter is cheesy but it works ok.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Shrader, Michael

eRC Micro P-51 D Mustang Ridge Runner III RTF
    great value - a solid, relaxing park flyer
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Rousseau, Scott

AWESOME
    This little guy is AWESOME!!! Flew great out of the box. I increased the pull on the ailerons and decreased the elevator and added the prop from the parkzone p-51. That made it more acrobatic and greatly increased the speed. You can do snap rolls, barrel rolls, inverted flight & loops, you name it. Once again, totally AWESOME. Thanks Hobby Lobby for a great plane. Hope down the road you sell a BNF version. I'd like to get the Spitfire, minus a second radio.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by marine, kevin

AWESOME!!!
    This is an AWESOME little plane. Flew great out of the box. After a couple of flights I did some modifications to it. I dampend the elevators and added more pull to the alerons. Then I added a Parkzone p-51 prop to it. That greatly increased the speed. Now it will do snap rolls, barrel rolls, inverted flight and loops. Thanks Hobby Lobby for a great plane. Hope you guys come up with BNF version. I'd like to get the Spitfire but don't need a second radio. Once again, totaly AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by marine, kevin

micro mustang
    When I opened the package and got the mustang out, it was a lot lighter than I thought. The more I flew it the more, it told me, you have to have perfect weather every time. It's a great looker', but needs to have another servo for the rudder, to maneuver better in the air on turns. The landing gear is decent, the power is good. If it ever hit the ground or an object, it would be rough in trying to fix it.

Over all it is a decent bird, but for me, I wouldn't buy another micro airplane.
    I give this product 2 stars. Review by DeMarco, Dirk

Mustang is a looker'!
    I got it out of the box, it is very light in weight and new I would have to fly in perfect weather. It has good power, good landing gear, but needs rudder control. When I put it on the display stand the velcro came off and fell and hit the floor and put a small cut in the right wing. It has great decals and cool canopy. I love the display stand, and look at it and think of flying it over and over.

This bird is over all 3 stars for me.
    I give this product 3 stars. Review by DeMarco, Dirk