At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: *DISC* F16 Thrust Vector ARF, Grey Reviews

*DISC* F16 Thrust Vector ARF, Grey Reviews

Thing of Beauty!
    Well guys and girls, it's a beautiful looking jet! Bought the kit version. I am using a Spektrum DX6i (6ch) rather than a 7 ch simply because I don't want to upgrade for one plane with T/V. Won't have 360 deg, but I have yaw and pitch vectoring mixed in at the throw of a switch. Out of the box, I found negligible damage. A few areas where something was pressed into the wing and fuse surfaces causing some indentations. To the touch, it feels as though there is a stiff "shell"... a bit harder surface than most foamies. I like that. Paint appears to be durable, but some inconspicuous areas of "checking". Decals come off easily if edges are rubbed. Come off easy like a static cling window decal. Mainly around where canopy attaches to fuse. Goes together easily, and landing gear is solid. The only thing I am not impressed with is the canopy securing method. Rear of canopy has a tongue and slot, and in the front is earth magnets. Problem is, the front of canopy sticks up about a 1/16 or 1/8" above the fuse. I'm worried wind will catch it and blow it off during high speeds. I don't trust magnets, but we'll see. Awaiting HET 2W-20 motor and fan to fly, so that I don't know about yet. I give this model a strong four stars because of canopy, decal and minor finish issues. Hoping to give 5 stars for flight performance down the road! If I can, I'll re-review later for flight performance.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Larson, Michael

Re: *DISC* F16 Thrust Vector ARF, Grey Reviews

Update
    Ok, here's my flight update. Today I FINALLY got my HET equipment. HET 2W-20, 6904 70mm fan, 75amp ESC. More than enough power with AWESOME verticals!! Once trimmed, the jet seemed stable, and found that light stick control was all that was needed when control surfaces are set on low rate. Honestly, I'm scared to try high rate, and thinking there's really no need to go there. Flew mostly at half throttle, and even there, the jet is FAST! Rolls straight and true, loops are realistic. Inverted flight... that's for another BRIGHTER day. It was late afternoon when I flew today, and found real fast that with the gray color scheme not to horse it around. I still can't get over the power system. Fast pass at half throttle, then pull straight up full throttle and watch her climb! I set up for a down wind (No wind today) at 1/4 throttle, and started base and long final. Appeared to be a good approach speed in the turn, but as it got closer, I realized I was going much faster than I really wanted to be going. Tried to go around with 1/2 throttle input which is a great plenty, then OH CRAP! SNOWBANK! (4 footers) JUUUST caught the tip rocket and bottom fuse strake tearing them loose, but was VERY happy to see that it was all minor damage. All MY fault as I didn't know where I wanted my ESC programmed. Throttle responce was a bit slow in advance and reduction. I did try the thrust vectoring, which is why I took off a star. When fairly slow, I gave full up, and it went end for end. Wasn't exactly straight as it was yawed to the right more than I wished to see. Maybe from the torque?? So really, admitting that maybe it's just me, I'm not crazy about the T/V. Would maybe give full five stars if I was a super-duper-fantabulous 3D pilot, which I'm not. So, another strong 4 stars for great flight performance and durability. Just not really interested in T/Ving. I think you guys will like this jet! Great buy!
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Larson, Michael

F-16 360-Degree Thrust Vector Jet, R/W/B
    Received my F-16 yesterday, it was shipped in perfect condition. I built it in a couple of hours and the directions were nicely detailed making assembly a breeze.
    I took it for its first flight today and I have got to say that it was by far my best EDF yet . It has great power climb out, landing it is a piece of cake, it tracks really well and lots of power. This is my third EDF, but my first Thrust Vectoring Jet. If you don't have one of these I would say you have got to add this to your collection. For the price and all it comes with it is a great bargain. I also have to say it looks really good when it is just sitting on your table. I would also suggest buying the Red, Blue and White, it makes seeing it in the sky easier. I use to fly this large grey colored f-16 70mm EDF that Hobby-Lobby use to sell and there were times when I could loose my flight orientation due to its grey color.

Thanks,
    Hobby-Lobby
    Jarrett Page Crump
    AV8ER74
    P.S. Hope this helps fellow pilots.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Crump, Jarrett

F-16 360-Degree Thrust Vector ARF
    Received my F-16 yesterday, it was shipped in perfect condition. I built it in a couple of hours and the directions were nicely detailed making assembly a breeze.
    I took it for its first flight today and I have got to say that it was by far my best EDF yet . It has great power climb out, landing it is a piece of cake, it tracks really well and lots of power. This is my third EDF, but my first Thrust Vectoring Jet. If you dont have one of these I would say you have got to add this to your collection. For the price and all it comes with it is a great bargain. I also have to say it looks really good when it is just sitting on your table. I would also suggest buying the Red, Blue and White, it makes seeing it in the sky easier. I use to fly this large grey colored F-16 70mm EDF that Hobby-Lobby use to sell and there were times when I could loose my flight orientation due to its grey color.

Thanks,
    Hobby-Lobby
    Jarrett Page Crump
    AV8ER74
    P.S. Hope this helps fellow pilots.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Crump, Jarrett

GREAT PLANE!!
    I've been flying for over 25 years and always wanted an F-16. I figured this plane sounded too good to be true so I expected a plane with fair to poor characteristics. I cannot tell you how much this product exceeded my expectations. It flys GREAT!! 15-20mph winds and it is completely stable. The thrust vectoring is a blast, fast flat spins with very little sink rate and instant recovery. It really is amazing! The plane comes almost completely assembled. Just glue on the big pieces, drop in a receiver and it's done in a few hours tops. Everyone at our field was stunned at the quality, performance and price. If you want a jet but don't have 12k to spend you will not find a better product for such a GREAT price.

Now for Hobby-Lobby, this was the first time I have purchased a product from them. After dealing with dozens of hobby stores over the years I have never been more impressed with a company. Fast shipping, great technical support and the best customer service I have encountered. I will certainly look to Hobby-Lobby first for any future purchases, they are just very nice people to deal with and their products are really great.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Flinchbaugh, Paul

F16 thrust Vector
    Great first time jet. Only thing I'm not satisfied with is the landing gear. Landing on grass is to much for them. The nose wheel will bend and I have to straighten it. One main landing gear will not stay in other than that I'm impressed with this EDF jet.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Bartosiewicz, Mike