At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: "SUPER DIMONA" 2400 SEMI SCALE

"SUPER DIMONA" 2400 SEMI SCALE

A quite plane
    Hi,
    Super Dimona is easy to build. Take care to the hinges to glue and that's all.
    Because of length of wing servo cable, I advise to use cable with filter, or if you are able to solder, use shield cable. You don't need special servos, this give you the opportunity to save money and use them for the brushless motor and battery. I used an AXI 2820/10 and LiPo 3 cells 25c. Flight time was about 15 minutes only with engine, but with thermal you can flight more.
    I didn't meet any problem during building and flight. Don't use the wheel pants on the grass, especially for the nose gear: I removed all wheel pants on the grass.
    During the flight I didn't meet any problem if the wind is quite. If the day is windy take care during landing (as other plane)!
    Enjoy your fly.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Stragapede, Giovanni

Re: "SUPER DIMONA" 2400 SEMI SCALE

super dimona
    chinese crap! cheap fiberglass with poor fitting seams, rudder pushrod broke when mounting servos, fiberglass cloth prevents proper engine install without modification. don"t buy this airplane. i'm sorry i did!!!!!! PURE JUNK
    I give this product 2 stars. Review by hastings, dean

Super Dimona 2400
    My first flight was originally supposed to be a series of taxis. I pulled back on the stick and the Dimona lifted off effortlessly. Once in the air it wasn't whether or not she would fly - it was more about "how do I get the Dimona back on the ground". I installed Flaperons - Thank God. The Dimona will fly very slow and recovered from a tip stall in less than 15 feet. Neil at Hobby-Lobby did a great job helping me with the power plant configuration.
    Thanks for the help. I highly recommend this plane to anyone who would like a scale appearance and the ability to stay in the air for a very long time. The Dimona had no problems with basic aerobatics.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by pillon, guy

Super Dimona 2400
    I must say the Super Dimona is a sleek looking airplane and goes together pretty fast. However I did have to make a few modifications to the control linkage in order to get it to hook up but that was no problem. Also when I went to install the Brushless Motor the instruction did not give very much help on this issue but having built a number of electric airplanes it was just a matter of getting the right pitch on the motor. If you have big hands you may have to use long nose pliers to help when installing the motor like I did. The first flight did not go very well and resulted in having to make some minor repairs and adjustments. Once I got that done I finally got to taxi down the runway and gently lift off. This is a very good flying airplane and and looks great in the air. You can give her the juice and really go or you can do like I do and just linger around to get more flight time. Landings are slow and very smooth. Just cut the power and she will gently glide in. I really enjoy flying my Dimona and hope this wil help you with yours. Just take your time building her and happy flying.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Bailey, George

Cool!
    This is a great looking plane! Easy to build and I can't wait to fly it!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Jung, John

Style mixed with Fun
    I now have my second Dimona. In the tradition of the fine flying Telemasters this aircraft is so pleasing to the eye. Fit and Finish are good and the overall kit was great.Good bang for the buck describes what you get and what you need to finish. This plane is so big in the sky most mistake her for the real deal. When you fly by and chop the throttle the air noise is wonderful. This kit needs to be had before you regret it and is sold out. For a 94 inch two peice wingspan the craft is light on wing loading and can do a bit of thermalling. I real enjoy the full field takeoff or bang and she is gone almost straight. Landings are the Telemasters slow and graceful till touch down. Watch the video and get one and fly with me. Thank you Hobby Lobby for this fun.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by roth, neil

. Shortage of parts
    I have this plane and it is a great flyer...Only one problem,,,,I need parts....I have lost 2 canopies and am having a problem getting a new one from Hobby Lobby...I have sent 3 emails in as many weeks asking for a new canopy but have not received an answer....
    I give this product 2 stars. Review by Milhorn, Fred