Fun, fast sailplane
I really love my Speedy. I am an experienced powered plane pilot, but a novice sailplane pilot. It took me about 3 hours to put together. The smooth fiberglass fuse is really nicely finished, and has proven to be very durable. Radio equipment setup couldn't be much easier, since there are no long pushrods to install - each servo operates a very short, direct linkage. Spend a few extra bucks for a stronger power setup than is recommended. An Axi 2808/20 is a close, but doable fit in the nose. On a 3 cell 2200 mAh LiPo and a CAM folding 10 x 6, the Speedy will climb straight up! Having this stronger setup yields longer flights, since the motor only has to run very briefly to get to altitude. Although not a true floater, the Speedy signals lift pretty visibly, and will loaf around in thermals quite well. Put the nose down, however, and it will zoom by, making the coolest sound as it slices through the air. My longest flight so far was just over an hour, limited by my sore neck, not the plane.
Pay close attention to the C.G. as it is very sensitive to it. Get everything as far forward in the fuse as possible. A small piece of velcro at the rear of the canopy helps make its installation a bit more secure. Lastly, the Speedy is clean, and lands fast. For some reason, spoilerons aren't very effective for me at slowing it down. Set up your approach farther out than you think it should be so it has time to slow, or you'll likely just watch it whistle by. Stalls are straight ahead, no nasty surprises. For me, you get the best of both worlds: fast if you want to go fast, slow if you want to relax and hunt thermals.
I give this product 5 stars. Review by Anderson, Kevin