At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: "PITTS BIPE" READY-TO-FLY Reviews

"PITTS BIPE" READY-TO-FLY Reviews

Good Plane :)
    A nice biplane. The motor seems to have plenty of power and I really like the look of the aircraft. The only problem I had was with the strut on the fuselage that holds the top wing. It was a little loose and I tried to super glue it in place. Bad Idea!!! The glue dissolved a a couple holes in the fuselage. But all I had to do was tighten the screws with a screwdriver, so stupid on my part. So It was actually my fault and not the construction of the plane. Even with the mistake it still holds strong and its a great flying plane :) SO DON'T USE SUPER GLUE!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Wright, Kevin

Re: "PITTS BIPE" READY-TO-FLY Reviews

Pitts Bipe
    A decent plane with over-all good power. Make sure you have a smooth surface if you wish to launch from the ground as the wheels can be a little wobbly. If you prefer, a hand launch is also do able with soft belly landings. All in all, a very decent plane for the money
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Nye, Caleb

question
    iI just ordered one of these. How long is an average flight ?
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Ludtke, Jesse

Pitts Bipe Ready-to-Fly Electric Biplane
    This is not for a beginner!! I have seen to many people showing up to the field with these with ZERO experience and end up going home with a bag of foam! The Pitts Bipe IMO would be a great plane to move up from 3 channel airplanes. Plenty of power with the included lipo and very easy to pull off some basic aerobatic maneuvers. These planes will not 3-D with the included set-up. A couple of notes...check the control surfaces...make sure they are set to neutral prior to trimming the plane in the air...also if you need to make repairs...make sure you are using FOAM SAFE CA.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Berry, Ben

Pitts Bipe
    It's a fun plane to fly, performs well, and looks realistic in the air. I was just getting the hang of flying it,when I lost sight of it over my neighbor's woods. I started over controlling it and heard a rather loud "thummmpppp". Went to neighbor's and he said I could look for it. I found it and recovered most of it in quite a few pieces. Didn't get top wing and half the bottom one, but all electrics worked fine. However, I was very disappointed that I cannot get replacement (everything except landing gear) parts from Hobby-Lobby, unless I buy the whole RTF deal. THAT ain't gonna happen!!! I guess I'll never get a chance to get to be a better Pitts driver!
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Brandt, Ed

GREAT 2ND PLANE
    Great plane once you have the basics of flying under your belt. I bought mine as a first plane and after a lot of 5 minute epoxy, I still fly it regularly. I have a rather large hangar full of much more sophisticated aircraft now, but the Pitt's is still one of my all time favorites. It will perform all basic aerobatics easily. Be careful not to over-control it, she can get out of hand quickly if you're not paying attention. Landing gear is too springy. The best thing I ever did with that plane is remove the landing gear! It hand launches great at full power, and belly lands nicely on grass. Keep the power up slightly on approach, she's not a glider. Also, I realized that 90% of my crashes happened on take off and landing. Remove that variable and your incident rate drops dramatically. If you insist on landing gear, the Hobby Zone Super Cub landing gear fits in nicely and works much better!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by jackson, dan