At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: "JETSCREAMER" 4500 W/56MM ADPT Reviews

"JETSCREAMER" 4500 W/56MM ADPT Reviews

Great Motor
    This is one of the best motors I have used in ducted fan units. It has one of the best power to weight ratios for a motor of its class. Highly recommended.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Groden, Mark

Re: "JETSCREAMER" 4500 W/56MM ADPT Reviews

JetScreamer Outrunner motor
    I installed this motor - with 3s and the 5 blade "Alfa" fan for my Alfa A4 Skyhawk airplane. I am very impressed with the power - with a capable 3s pack I was getting almost 21 amps and 220w of power. I know others who have used this motor on 4s with the 3 blade Alfa fan as well.

It is powerful and light. I don't give it a full 5 stars as the bearings seam a bit loud. Not sure if they are on their way out.

A great power upgrade for the Alfa jets!
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Llewellyn, Mike

Little Screamer that demands respect!!!
    The Motor is amongst the best i have used. Current draw is amazingly low.
    I fly the Alfa Mig15. With 4S setup you couldn't as for more.
    Very Very satisfied with the performance.

Alfa 55 fan
    3S 19amps
    4S 28 amps

Benny
    Singapore

Jet screamer
    I have bought 3 motors in total. the first one is great... with no problem. The 2nd came used with visible markings like glue and wire not at the correct length etc. The 3rd ran ok for awhile till the bearing went noisy on me. The winding also touched the casing and got damaged in the process.
    The Hoffman Magnetic are much better in quality for about the same price

Disappointed
    Benny
    I give this product 1 stars. Review by Benny, Ng

No Parts
    This would be a great motor if you could get parts for it.
    I have 2 of them sitting on the shelf with broken shafts. I have contacted both Hobby Lobby and Jet screamers countless times trying to get replacement shafts without success.
    Every time I see one of their ads it makes my blood boil.
    I am not even trying to get warranty on them I just want to buy some shafts.
    I give this product 1 stars. Review by Hurst, Bill

Strong motor when the operate correctly
    The first jetscreamer I purchased burned up in less than a second when the copper windings made contact with the bell housing. Under load (ie at WOT), the housing shifts about 1mm forward and knicks the housing causing a short. I purchased a second motor thinking I had done something wrong but after reading some reviews and forums I noticed this was a common problem with these motors. When the second motor arrived I gently pulled on the shaft and sure enough the housing made contact with the copper windings again. This time I carefully disassembled the motor and placed a fabric washer (like those used on computer mother boards) on top of the already in place copper washer. It took out all the play and the motor turns like a champ in my Alfa 60/25 setup in the Colorful F-16. Will require constant monitoring for washer degradation but it certainly pushed a lot of air. Also, Hobby Lobby was awesome about the return of the first motor and I already received the replacement. Great customer service.
    I give this product 2 stars. Review by EyeDoc

Screamer when it works
    The first motor I purchased ended up smelling like an electrical fire had broken out at an IBM factory in my room. I thought it had something to do with a poor ESC or Battery so I purchased a second one before doing my research. Upon further investigation I noticed that there were several small knicks in the copper windings and some matching scratches on the inner surface of the bell housing. After perusing through endless forums I noticed that several people had this same problem. Apparently at WOT, the bell housing cruises forward about .5mm and contacts the copper windings causing a short and quick death to the motor. I let Hobby Lobby know of the situation and they promptly replaced the faulty motor. Scott from Littlescreamers had contacted me after I posted in RCGroups but he never got back to me...another common problem with Jetscreamers. When I received the second motor I had purchased I gently pulled the shaft and sure enough there was about 0.5mm of movement forward and contact with the windings. i carefully diassembled the motor and placed a fabric washer (like those found on computer motherboards) on top of the copper washer already present at the rear of the bell and it took up all the slack. The motor screams now but it needs constant monitoring for signs of degradation. Also, the motor that was sent by HL as a replacement shows similar signs of imminent failure w/o modification. Good motor but needs some refinement in quality control.
    I give this product 3 stars. Review by Webb, Matt

Little Screamers Poor service...
    I'm in the same boat as these other fellows. My bearings went bad when the c-clip came loose. I sent my motor to Scott at Littlescreamers 3 months ago. After countless phone calls and empty promises, I have yet to see my motor back. I suspect he's out salmon fishing again. Advice to others, buy a motor from Don's RC or Hoffman Magnetics. Both motors work great in the Alfa fans. Besides, you'll get service or parts easily compared to Littlescreamers.
    I give this product 1 stars. Review by SPECR

Expansive DIY motor.
    I bought one for my AlfaModel MIG-15. The plane fell when the copper windings made contact with the bell housing. Now I have to buy another one MIG and motor.

Disappointed Michael.
    I give this product 1 stars. Review by Meshik, Michael

Poor quality control
    I have 3 of these. First one was ok but the last 2 I purchased had the end windings touching the case. Very poor quality control on Little Screamers.
    I give this product 1 stars. Review by Smith, Neil