At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "HONEY BEE MARK 3" MICRO HELI Reviews

"HONEY BEE MARK 3" MICRO HELI Reviews

Honey Bee's A Fine Beginner Heli
    After researching small helicopters on RC Groups, for my first helicopter, I settled on the Honey Bee Mk 3 from Hobby Lobby. The thread on www.rcgroups.com devoted to the Honey Bee FP (Fixed Pitch) had a lot of good advice about balancing the blades, recommended spares, etc. I've been flying for about 3 weeks in my 2-car garage, and have almost mastered the hover! The garage is a little too small for a beginner, but I've only broken 3 parts (rotor head set once and center hub set twice) and I have to compliment Hobby-Lobby on their quick turn-around in sending out spares. It was also a "find" that there are several videos on You Tube showing how to replace parts on the HB, very helpful. For me, the HB Mk 3 was a good choice to learn how to fly a RC helicopter with 4 axis control.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Shilling, Richard

Re: "HONEY BEE MARK 3" MICRO HELI Reviews

Decent Little Chopper
    This is a very nice little helicopter for an experienced pilot. If you have not owned/flown an RC helicopter before then definitely start with a flight simulator. If you do have experience with helicopters then this is a great one. Very nice battery life and well balanced controls. The only downside is the number of pieces that it will break into in the hands of an inexperienced hobbyist.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Gallman, Lucas

ALL YOU NEED
    This little Heli has provided me w/hours of beginner fun. I was really apprehensive to get a Fixed pitch heli, thinking I might get bored, but i still take this thing out every weekend! love it!!!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by lewis, blake

Esky Honey Bee Mark 3
    This was the first non toy RC helicopter I purchased. It is widely considered the best beginner helicopter available as parts are affordable, and the model is very durable. The honeybee will give the beginner a closer approximation of how larger RC helicopters behave then its coaxial competition. For a beginner the honeybee will be harder to control then the Esky Lama, or Blade CX line, but many have said if you can fly one of these well, then you can fly anything. Everything you will need to fly is right in the box. Be sure to take the time to balance the blades to minimize drifting, and spend some time getting the mixing, and gyro settings correct on the 4-in-1, and this will be one helicopter you continue to fly even when your skills progress beyond its abilities, and move up to larger Collective Pitch helicopters.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Palmer, Kenneth

Wonderful beginner heli!
    This was my 1st heli, and from here grew an obsession.

Great handling characteristics for a beginner, long lasting battery and perfect little hovering machine. With an FP bird you'll find it doesn't fly quite like a CP in forward flight but that's fine until you have mastered hovering, drifting, forward/backward/sideways flight and parallax flight (the direction it turns relative to the stick position when it's pointed at you vs. when it's pointed away).
    More than enough to keep you entertained for a long time! Less complex too so it's easier to maintain and repair.

My suggestion if you buy this or any heli is GO TALK TO SOMEONE WHO FLYS BEFORE YOU EVEN SPIN UP THE BLADES. Better yet, take your new bird to a popular heli-field and strike up a conversation. You'll find the heli flyers to be the friendliest and most helpful group within the R/C ranks. It's crucial to have someone to help you understand the basics, and the importance of setting up and maintaining a precision flying machine.

Enjoy!
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Newbold, Brian

Honey bee mrk 3
    A very tuff and good handeling heli.Not the best for a first heli but a great second.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Klaus, Levi

Excellent Heli Introduction
    This isn't the fastest, most maneuverable heli you'll ever see, but it's amazingly resilient in crashes and fun to fly and modify. This heli can be flown in large indoor spaces and outdoors, including parks where a 450-size heli might raise some eyebrows. It requires some basic tweaking and balancing, but it's easy to fly once you get the hang of single-rotor operation. It's a big step up from a coaxial.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Anderson, Ethan

Honey Bee for fun
    I have had many hours of fun with this fine little helicopter. I would recommend this one for the person that has a Co-co Lama and wants to move up. I still fly this one on those days when the wind is quiet and the sky is clear.
    Highly recommended.....
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Rick, George

most heli for the buck
    I learned to fly on this heli. It is very forgiving on mistakes and will take a pounding. For the price, you will not find a better learning heli.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by demarco, todd

Great Shipping Quality BAD BAD customer support
    Great packaging, but there were two drawbacks:

1. Customer representative said that order will be shipped the same day (paid for overnight shipping) but I end receiving the order two days later - NO refund. I had to call them twice to get the order out of their premises.

2. Description of Heli says wall charger I get the alligator things that mount on a battery!!!!!!!!!!!

I received an email with the tracking number of my order TODAY!!! almost a week after I placed the order.

I expected a little more courtesy since I was a first time shopper with Hobby-Lobby and my order was almost $400.

I can only imagine how they would have treated me if it was a $50 or $30 order. They would probably not answer my emails.

Overall not satisfied!!!
    I give this product 1 stars. Review by Patsalis, Vangelis