At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: "HAWK" GLIDER ARF Reviews

"HAWK" GLIDER ARF Reviews

HAWK electric glider
    Definately,an ARF. The ESC was NOT put in as the ad says. The ends of the motor and ESC were NOT put on.The ad says one thing and you get another. Leon
    I give this product 2 stars. Review by Snider, Leon

Re: "HAWK" GLIDER ARF Reviews

HAWK GLIDER
    THE ARF BUILDS VERY QUICKLY AND STRAIGHT SERVO TRAYS HAD TO BE OPENED A BIT FOR THE RECOMMENDED SERVOS TO FIT NO BIG DEAL BALANCED VERY EASILY WITH ABOUT 2.5 OZ. HAD TO SOLDER THE MOTOR AND INSTALL THE ESC AGAIN NO BIG DEAL FLIGHT TIME. THE PLANE FLEW OUT OF MY HAND NO TRIM ADJUSTMENT NICE CLIMB OUT AT ABOUT 1/2 THROTTLE. SO WHY AM I WRITING A LACKLUSTER REVIEW? WENT TO FULL POWER 15 SECONDS THE MOTOR STOPPED WITH A SHREAK. MADE THE TURN BACK TO THE FIELD NOTICED SMOKE COMING OUT OF THE VENTS. TURNED FINAL AND THE RADIO WENT DEAD GOOD THING WE WERE LOW. RAN TO THE PLANE PUT OUT THE FIRE INVESTIGATED THAT THE MOTOR HAD NOT SHORTED OUT BUT THE ESC CAUGHT FIRE. THE BATTERY AND THE MOTOR HAVE SINCE BEEN CHECKED OUT AND ARE FINE. WROTE TO HOBBY LOBBY AND I HAVE NOT HEARD BACK YET HAVE FLOWN IT WITH A KONCTRONICS ESC 40 AMPS REAL NICE FLYER NOW I WOULD GIVE IT HIGH MARKS
    I give this product 3 stars. Review by BERMAN, BARNEY

Hawk ARF Electric Glider
    Great looking glider well made and easy to put together. However on the downside and what appears to be typical of all/most combos,this one was grossly underpowered. I would not even try to fly the glider with the motor that was installed and in a previous review the author said the ESC caught fire on the first flight so I decided to replace both that involved considerably more expense. Hopefully this will help anyone considering the Hawk Combo.
    I give this product 3 stars. Review by Williams, Dennis P

Hawk Glider
    I purchased this glider because I liked the reduced wing dihedral compared to other comparable models. I do agree with the fact that you have to fabricate a battery compartment, enlarge to servo trays and attach the speed control to the motor. I just soldered the wires and used heat shrink. The speed control can just lay inside the front compartment. My first flight was a catastrophe. I launched it with to much angle of attack (my fault) resulting in a stall and subsequent crash breaking the whole nose section right off. I rebuilt it beefing up the nose section a bit. The second flight was successful after just giving the airplane a gentle toss straight ahead. It does literally fly out of your hand. A good climb out of about 30 degrees gets you to soaring altitude in about 2 to 3 minutes. My longest flight to date is 40 minutes. I have flown the glider all summer having no problems with the included speed control. It just gets a tad warm like my other ones do. I mounted a Flycam2 to the top of the wing and have taken videos and stills from high altitude. Very cool!! The power system yields about 1 pound of static thrust and overall weight is 2.2 pounds with camera. This glider is tons of fun once dialed in.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by May, Rick