At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "EXECUTIVE JET" TWIN DUCT ARF Reviews

"EXECUTIVE JET" TWIN DUCT ARF Reviews

Super Looking on the Ground, Air and in the Hanger
    Thinking of buying the LearJet? Great Choice! This plane not only looks nice, but it handles super sweet! Adding the optional Retracts just gives it that extra wow factor!

I clocked the exec jet at 92mph. Ok, I had a little tail wind and into a dive, BUT, 92mph!! This is simply a Great EDF jet to add to your collection!

If you want to see it in action, check out YouTube under RCRedBaron. I have posted a couple of videos of the LearJet in action. I recently added Nav Lights, and WOW, does it add character!!

5 Stars for this plane!!!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Griffin, Robert

Re: "EXECUTIVE JET" TWIN DUCT ARF Reviews

exec jet
    awsome scale appearence. retracts look and work nice. flies great and its nice to have rudder.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by woo, tony

R/C JET
    I WAS AT FIRST INTIMIDATED WHEN I RECEIVED THE BOX WITH ALL THE PARTS, BUT WITH THE GENEROUS HELP OF HOBBY LOBBY TECHS , I WAS ABLE TO PUT THIS JET TOGETHER WITH RELATIVE EASE ! I HAD SOME R/C FLIGHT EXPERIENCE, SO I WAS CONFIDENT IN FLYING THIS SLEEK FAST MOVING JET, AND THAT IT WAS. IT HANDLES VERY WELL, SPEED IS A BIT SLOW AFTER I GAIN FLIGHT TIME ON THIS JET , BUT IT HANDLES GREAT, I LOVE THE RETRACTS FOR LANDING AND IT ALWAYS BRINGS IN PEOPLE OFF THE ROAD TO WATCH THIS PLANE FLY! I THINK I WILL BUY ANOTHER BUT PUT IN AN FAST ENGINE FOR MORE SPEED FOR TRICKY FLIGHT MANEUVERS !! VERY MUCH WORTH THE MONEY TOO PURCHASED! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Douglas, Danny

Easy Fun with the Hobby Lobby Executive Jet
    I started flying electric model airplanes in 1981. In those days it was impressive if you could just get your model airborne and fly level for 2 or 3 minutes. Motors were inefficient, batteries were heavy, and there were no speed controls. Things have really changed for the better. We now have brushless motors, lithium polymer batteries and superb electronics - and to top it all off, prices are actually cheaper today than they were a quarter century ago!

All this new technology has put fantastic model airplanes in the hands of regular RC enthusiasts like me. Years ago, I never would have dreamed of flying a scale-looking twin ducted fan jet, but today, Hobby Lobby has made it easy. The Executive Jet is certainly near the pinnacle of what is possible today. When I saw Hobby Lobby first offer this model more than a year ago, I knew I had to have one.

I had my local hobby store order a complete package for me from Hobby Lobby. Once my new model (and speed controls, and motors, etc.) arrived, I brought everything home and assembled everything in a relaxed but enjoyable period of about 2 weeks of evenings. Assembly was fairly easy and the finished model looked great. I was impressed with the relative light weight of the finished product.

When the weather improved (we really do get snow up here in Canada) I brought the model to a local RC club. It was easy to transport with the wing attached. At the field I installed the batteries and set the plane on the grass field for a takeoff. I was concerned the grass field might prevent the wheels from allowing the plane to accelerate for a take off, but once I applied throttle, the plane taxied quite easily. As the plane rolled along the field, it became airborne sooner than I expected. It was flying at a much slower airspeed than I anticipated. I made sure not to climb too steeply as I wanted to make sure it wouldn’t stall. I didn’t need to worry.

I soon got used to the model’s flying characteristics. The model was quite capable of reasonably slow flight; it was easy to fly! On the first flight I did loops, rolls and even flew inverted. Everyone at the field stopped to watch me fly this plane. This was probably one of the most attractive models any of us had ever flown at the club, let alone the fact that this was an electric-powered twin-ducted fan model that had taken-off under its own power.

The glide was great, and the landing was smooth. There was plenty of power to taxi back.

Since that first flight, I have removed the landing gear (to save a bit of weight) and regularly hand-launch the model. I bring the Executive Jet with me almost every time I go flying, because it is such a hassle-free model to fly; no field assembly - just install batteries and fly. I probably flew the model 50 or 60 times last summer (never crashed!), and the light foam surfaces now show some nicks and scrapes (mostly from banging around in my car), but the model still looks perfect in the air.

I have many bigger, faster and more expensive electric airplanes, right up to 18 pound quarter-scale models, but this jet is always a crowd-pleaser. I will definitely have this plane in the air as much as possible this summer as well.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Rogozinsky, Michael

Fantastic
    yea, its a little pricey, but when its done its great. huge, realistic, really flies well. set up for CRABBING it comes in high alpha, so cool. Bad directions, but simple quick build. TAKE YOUR TIME!!!!!!!!! it will be worth it. You should strengthen tail w carbon fiber on underside, cut a space out of the wing and insert SMALL cf tube. will add tons of strength- great plane.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by runnels, chris

Just like the real one!
    It looks like, takes off like, and lands like an executive jet. The take off and landing runs are really scale like. The kit was easy to assemble and the only problem was installing the retractable, nose gear (optional), which took some slight modifying to keep the wheel properly submerged in the well area. I was surprised to find that I had to add tail weight after installing retracts. So, if you install the optional retracts, keep everything as far back as you can. This is an aircraft I will enjoy flying for years to come.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Beeswy, Ronald

Classy plane at an affordable price.
    I bought my Exec Jet when they first came out and I am happy I did. I opted for the retracts and had a little trouble getting them worked out but that was mainly due to getting the servo travels and linkages set up correctly. I highly recommend that you check the plywood mounts the landing gear plugs into on the wing. Mine were glued in with very little glue and the first time I landed the gear fell off. When I looked at the plywood mounts, there was only a tiny 1/16" bead of glue holding the gear mounts to the foam. So I epoxied the whole plate down and never had troubles again. I opted for a higher power version with 4800KV motors and about 700 total watts on two 3S2200 lipo. This made grass takeoffs easy then you can throttle back and cruise around. Great looking plane and it handles nicely in the air as well.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by slusarczyk, don

Executive Jet
    I bought my Executive Jet some time ago and finally finished building it the other day. When I took it to the golf course where I fly I was just going to taxi it around for a little because it was getting late. Well when I got going down the runway I just couldn't help myself and had to take off. It looked so good as it was gaining altitude and I leveled it off and I must say that this is one great flying machine. I set it up the way Hobby Lobby recommended and it has plenty of power. Takeoff on grass was about 70 feet. The only trim I had to do was just three clicks of up elevator. The rest of the settings were fine. It tracks very well and again it has plenty of power. Landings are very smooth under a little power. If you take your time when you are building the airplane you will not be disappointed with the results. I will have to say that this is one of the best flying airplanes I have in my fleet of around 70. SFM did a great job with this one and I'm glad Hobby-Lobby carries it. This is not a beginner airplane but as you get better and move up I would highly recommend the Executive Jet. Again all I can say about how it handles and the power is sweet sweet sweet.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Bailey, George

EXECUTIVE JET
    I'VE HAD THIS JET FOR AWHILE AND AFTER A DOZEN FLIGHTS IT IS HOLDING UP FINE.WHAN I GOT IT I ADDED EXTRA 30 MINUTE EPOXY TO ALL THE SEAMS, TOOK OUT AND RE EPOXYED THE FIXED GEAR, ADDED CARBON FIBER TO THE TAIL HORIZONTAL STABALIZER AND WENT WITH DONS RC MOTORS AND ESC'S.I LOVE THIS PLANE, ITS EASY TO SEE AND HAS A NICE LANDING SPEED. I FLY 5 MINUTES AND ITS GOOD FOR MORE THAN THAT BUT SOMETIMES I HAVE TO DO A GO AROUND IF ANOTHER PLANE IS LANDING AND I WANT THE POWER SO 5 MINUTES IS SET ON MY DX6I FOR THIS JET. I ALSO HAVE ANOTHER EXE JET ON ORDER JUST IN CASE I HAVE A MISHAP.I DON'T WANT TO BE WITH OUT THIS PLANE IN MY HANGER.MANY THANKS TO DAVID AT HOBBY LOBBY FOR TELLING ME HOW MUCH I WOULD LOVE THIS JET AND FOR PLACING ME ON THE PRE-ORDER LIST FOR ANOTHER. KENNY,CAPE COD,MA.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by DUTRA, KENNETH

buy it
    buy it.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by shanko, logan