At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: "CO-CO LAMA" RTF COMPLETE HELI Reviews

"CO-CO LAMA" RTF COMPLETE HELI Reviews

Lots-O-Lama Fun
    I have purchased several of these Lama helicopter. I thought that they would wear out fast, so I took advantage of sales so I could replace them as they wore out. Well, I'm still flying the first one I bought last year. I has taught me how to fly RC helicopters. I have crashed it many times. I has gone through many blades. The canopy is busted, the tail boom has been super glued back together many times. the tail rotor is a propeller from a model airplane. I still fly it In the basement and throughout the house. It still flies like new. Now I have the first one and a new one that I fly on special occasions and another brand new one still in the box. I bought lots of spare parts just in case, but have not needed any. Except blades. I bought one for my son too, he hasn't broke his yet.
    For the money, I don't see what one could buy that would be as much fun as the Co Co Lama V3. It's still one of my favorite RC models. I can fly it anytime I want. I don't normal fly a heli far enough away to have radio problems, I don't think you could see it at 2500 feet anyway. So the cheaper 72MHZ model works fine for me. Jim C.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Cyliax, Jim

Re: "CO-CO LAMA" RTF COMPLETE HELI Reviews

"fun?
    I only have one of these coco lamas and several broken blades. I had a bit of trouble with the gyro and replaced it. The original battery pack only took one charge before it died so I replaced that also. All works fine now. Hopefully there won't be any more broken blades or failures in the electronics. When it is working it is more fun than a barrel of monkeys.
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by Richards, Fred"

"Buy it
    It's a great helicopter, especially because it's easy to control and it's a very fun-to-fly helicopter... and also it's very reasonably priced. as I said it is very easy to control when you have the trim tuned right. so if you`re thinking about buying it, do it, because it's well worth it
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by cleveland, jacob"

"Best place to start in RC Heli's
    The Co-Co Lama saved me from giving up on RC Heli's! Prior to finding this little gem, I had tried an Aero Chopper and drove myself insane. Other electric choppers in this price range are twitchy, unstable and impossible for a newbie. Not the Co-Co Lama, it is everything that Hobby Lobby says it is and more. My 5 year old daughter actually had some success with me holding the transmitter and her moving the sticks. Lastly, the Lama really can take some abuse and keep on flying.
    The only minor complaint I have about it is the stock battery mount is very difficult to release and reconnect. This is easily modified with some rubber bands, however. I highly recommend this little guy for indoors or out, for any skill level!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Sylivant, Andy"

"Great Looks and Overall Package
    I found the size of this helicopter and its scale appearance to be very satisfying. It has helped advance my flying technique a great deal.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Groden, Mark"

"Lama heli
    This a great fun helicopter and it gets flown on those days when I can't get outside.
    This is one that any beginner can master with a little patience and time.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Rick, George"

"Esky Co-Co LAMA V3
    This has to be one of the best indoor helicopters I have seen. I think it is better than the E-flite CX, but at almost half the cost it is a great bargain. It is very stable, looks like a real helicopter and is a genuine RTF. The only fault I can find with it is that, like most small helicopters, it doesn't take wind outdoors. This is a great, quiet backyard flyer as long as it is a calm day.
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Brocious, Duane"

"CoCo Lama = FUN!!
    I've had mine for almost three years now and it still flies great. I had to replace the gyro once and Hobby-Lobby covered the cost. I still think the gyros in these are a little twitchy but still work fine. I was flying mine outside today and was about 30 feet up, flying in a straight line and I think I got it going a little too fast, it flipped over on it's back (blade dip) and reversed directions making all sorts of funny sounds, then smashed into a tree and hit the ground with the rotors still going. Pieces flew everywhere. I picked up the pieces, headed to the shop. A half hour later she was ready to fly again. All I had to do was repair the tail boom and replace all four blades. I thought I might have bent the main shaft but it was fine, so I cleaned it and lubed it with a little silicone grease and reassembled it. Once the battery was charged, back into the air she went! Flew perfectly!
    Talk about a tough little helicopter. These fly perfectly indoors, but if you want to fly outside, wait for a very calm day. And don't get yours going too fast without the aluminum blade holders. I've been tempted to buy another co-axial heli but I'm perfectly happy with this one. I would say my crash today was more pilot error than anything. This little chopper is allot of bang for the buck! And tougher than nails! Flys Great!
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Michael, Wipf"

"Great Value
    I've been flying the same one for three years. It takes a lickin and keeps on tickin..

Flies great and is affordable ..
    I give this product 5 stars. Review by Michael, Wipf"

"preety good
    way harder than i thought it would be, this is my first r/c helicopter though, i had flown a very cheap other helicopter but its completely different, but i do look forward to learning how to use it good, i would suggest this to someone, only complaint i have is that i chipped the rotor, it came with spare rotors but no tool to change them out, and the remote control cover would not stay on, i had to tape it there
    I give this product 4 stars. Review by sheffield, ryan"