At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Flap problem. Pic Included.

Flap problem. Pic Included.

I have a few problems that have me scratching my head.

First, I think the flap control horn hole was drilled wrong, because if I install the horn as it was drilled from the factory, it puts the horn on the wrong side - so the flaps operate in opposite directions. See the included pic; the top hole is how it came. I drilled a hole so the horn was on the opposite side of the servo and both flaps pulled the same direction.

However, I drilled it slightly off by mistake and now Im having a hell of a time gettting the flaps to pull equally, since the geometry is now off. I tried adjusting the length of the pushrod but to no avail. Was the flap drilled wrong from the factory?

Last issue, the little plastic attachment point on the flap horn broke off. What size are these and how do I get a new one?

thanks in advance,
    Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails telemasterflaps.jpg  

Re: Flap problem. Pic Included.

its looking like this is how they come. Im going to reverse the servo direction.
    Matt

Webdr, I had the same problem, so I just reseversed the servo. Had to readjust the push rod but it worked OK. The rods aren't even, but if it flies what the heck.

You not only have to reverse the servo (electrically...not position)....but you need to slow both servos down so flaps don't "snap" to their down position. Both these conditions can be achieved with a flap controller:

The device takes 1 channel from your receiver as input (usually flaps or gear), and provides 3 identical slow-speed outputs for servos, CH1, CH2 and CH3. The servo speed for all 3 outputs is adjustable for each direction of servo movement. So it is possible to have flaps retract faster than they deploy, for example. The CH3 servo output direction is reversible.

Features

Input: Single channel from receiver, usually Flaps or Landing Gear.

Outputs: 3 slow speed servo outputs, CH1, CH2 and CH3.
    CH3 servo direction is reversible.

Independent servo speed adjustment for each direction of servo travel.
    (SW1 sets Direction A speed adjust, SW2 sets Direction B speed adjust).

Regulator adjustments

SW1: Sets servo direction A speed for all 3 servo outputs, CH1, CH2 and CH3.
    SW2: Sets servo direction B speed for all 3 servo outputs, CH1, CH2 and CH3.
    SW3: Sets Normal or Reverses direction for CH3 output ONLY.

Note that the device does not provide for servo end-point adjustments. So if you wish to use your transmitter to adjust individual endpoints for 2 flap servos, for example, you need to use two regulator devices, one for each servo.

The input connections for the regulator consist of three pins, similar to the connection for each channel of a typical receiver (see diagram below). So, to connect the Turnigy regulator to the receiver, you can plug one end of a servo extension wire of the required length into the receiver. The other end of the servo extension cable will need to be soldered to the regulator board input pins, or a 3-pin Female servo connector can to be added to the regulator input end of the extension cable. Personally, I find it easiest and fastest to simply use a female to female extension....no soldering!
    Schematic link:
    http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...8-SpeedReg.png