At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Telemaster PLUS UAV - FPV: Blackcat

Telemaster PLUS UAV - FPV: Blackcat

I want to share with you my Telemaster PLUS build. I'm calling it the Blackcat...because something so docile as a Telemaster needs a menacing name!

I wanted a departure from the OEM trim, so I primed her up in some "military" UAV color. Took about 4 cans of primer and 3 cans of clearcoat, wet sanded between coats.

Build will be as follows:
    eflite power 60
    phoenix 80 w/ cc BEC
    HS-322HD servos
    6s 5000 x 2. 10,000 total mah

GoPro on pan/tilt
    downward facing Canon S95 w/ remote trigger
    RVOSD5
    1.2 1w Lawmate (Cloverleaf & 9.5dbi Helical w/ EE diversity
    Cloverleaf or rubberduck vtx antenna
    Dragonlink on Futaba 9CAP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0897.jpg   IMG_0898.jpg   IMG_0899.jpg  

IMG_0900.jpg  

Re: Telemaster PLUS UAV - FPV: Blackcat

To webdr. What is that plane going to weigh? I seems that it will take a bunch to balance it out with 2 of the 6s 5000 batts. The CG is going to move way back won't it? I just finished my Plus and was planning on using 1 5s 5ooo. swinging a 13x6 prop. when I put the meter to it, I got 739 watts. and the plane weighs 9.5 lbs. I know I am going to have to put a bigger batt in it, but I hope to stay with just one 6s 5000, to keep the CG in line. I am using a Rimfire .80 with a 100 BEC.

Im not sure what she will weigh in at...but Im not worried about it. I can always move the packs back in the fuselage. Plus, I have a slightly heavy 1w VTX and cloverleaf antenna back at the tail so that will help as well. I will weigh it soon.

What prop are you using on it?

14x10 at the moment

wow. even with two 5s 5000 packs pushed up against the firewall, she is still tail heavy! :shock:

Are you stacking the 2 batteries or putting them end to end?

We used two 4s 5800 mAh stacked batteries and I had them pushed pretty much back, almost to the servo tray. And we had a cam and transmitter under the servo tray. If anything, we were still a tad nose heavy but I wasn't worried about that as we were planning for additional batteries and/or auto pilot equipment yet. She flew great her first two times out like that. May never know what happened on the third flight.

When. I get the new fuse, I plan on moving the two servos to the tail section to free up maximum space in the CG area.

Tiller