At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: WHAT TO BUY???

WHAT TO BUY???

Hello.. I just found this site & forum... I have both a Heli and a few fixed wing... I want to put a camera system in the aircraft.... not so much to record... as to be able to view the flight live... preferably on My laptop ( Macbook) can someone please tell me what system I should be looking at buying? Again... the ability to view the flight live is most important to me.

Thanks

Imacman

Newfoundland

Re: WHAT TO BUY???

There are a bunch of systems out there, but I don't really have much experience with them. Hopefully someone on this board will have some info for you.

Jason

I guess I'll be no help. :O) I'm hoping to see if I really need to buy the Twister CPX or the Blade SR. I only care about scale flying and not "intentional" 3D...lol I've heard rumors that the tail motor on the SR is weak, bad, or what ever. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Barry

The SR flies pretty good. I've never been a fan of motored tails like it has though and it's not the most accurate tail in the world. The CPX has a belt driven more traditional style tail and works like you'd think it would.

Jason

Thanks Jason,

That CPX will be the one then. I too heard some stories about that motorized tail and I like the idea of a driven tail rotor.

Again, thanks Jason.....most appreciated.

Barry

Jason......one more question please. Does the TX that comes with it programed for regular flight, or set up for 3D only
    Thanks
    Barry?

Both,
    Just like any larger heli, it has normal mode and idle up. When in normal mode, it flies around just like a normal helicopter. When you hit the idle up switch, it changes the pitch and throttle curves so you can try loops and inverted flight. Just remember to hit the switch back to normal mode before landing.

Thanks Jason,.....it's appreciated greatly.
    Barry