At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elevator Coupler for Sr. Tele Plus

Elevator Coupler for Sr. Tele Plus

The threads on my coupler stripped immediately. I have left several messages at Hobby Lobby concerning this problem but no one has called me back. I did manage to catch service manager at the end of the day and he assured me that someone would get back with me. So far nothing. I have heard there is a newly designed coupler on the way. Does anyone have info about this? Anyone else have this problem?

Re: Elevator Coupler for Sr. Tele Plus

I had a problem with the coupler I received with the Plus I bought. The coupler was to short to fit between the elevators. Since there is no parts listing for this a/c I had to modifey the opening, and make a new couplier. Also the holes did not match, where the couplier fit. I had to redrill the holes. I used a 4-40 rod, and after a lot of filing and cutting and cussing, I finnalley made it work. Just make sure that the elevators are even. The couplier I made did not have an adjustment to shorten or lenghten the couplier. I sure wish HB would get their ducks in a row. They sell stuff, but cannot furnish a support to back up what they sell, if you need parts. As big a company as HB is, their inventory is really bad news. I some times wonder how they get repeat customers. Right now I need to replace the elevators on my Plus to make it look like the orginal, but nothing is available.

Tom,
    Not sure what you mean by HB. If you mean Hobby Lobby, we fully support every product we have and parts available for just about every aircraft. The Tele Plus is brand new and we have to break down some kits to make the parts. I haven't had a chance to do it yet, but at least they are on the webpage and will be coming. Hardly any other companies out there off parts, support, and service like Hobby Lobby does.

Jason

Thanks for your reply Jason. it is the first I have received concerning this matter. Now for the problem. I do not want another coupler like the one I have now. It is poorly designed and is made from the wrong material. The soft aluminum will not support a set screw with enough torque to hold the elevators level with each other. If this slips even a little bit it will be an instant c***h. I am not willing to chance it. So tell me, is there going to be a new and improved coupler or not? My Telemaster will not fly without it. If I must have a coupler made that will work, then Hobby Lobby will be taken off my list of vendors.

As far as Hobby Lobby being a responsive company, please read the original thread. Your response was to Tom not me. I still feel as if I am being ignored.

Hi There,
    I do have a different coupler I can send you. Send me an email to jason.cole@hobby-lobby.com with your address so I can mail it out.

Jason

Thanx! My email is on the way. Looking forward to maiden in about a week. Will report back here with results.

FYI, You'll need to cut down one of the L rods to correctly fit it in the pre-drilled holes in the elevators.

Jason

Got the new coupler today. Thanx. Maiden might have to wait. Had a sudden problem with my ticker and had to go to the hospital so the Doc could catheterize my heart. Gotta take it easy and lay low for about two weeks until we decide what to do.

Awe man, sorry to hear that. We'll be thinking about you and pray that everything goes well.

Jason

Man this must be an epidemic. I had to postpone my maiden flt because of a gall bladder surgery, and had complications on the operating table. Spent 5 days in ICU. Hope everything goes OK.