At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Mig 15 ESC

Mig 15 ESC

Can the stock Mig-15 ESC be reprogramed? If not, I assume it's shot. Basically, after about 20 or thirty seconds at full speed, the power dumps and it goes back to almost idle, then after a few seconds, starts gradualling picking back up then does it again and the ESC was hot. Sound like I need a new one? It's only about 3 months old, but has probably less than ten flights total. Any advice?

Re: Mig 15 ESC

Quote Originally Posted by JRAY
    Can the stock Mig-15 ESC be reprogramed? If not, I assume it's shot. Basically, after about 20 or thirty seconds at full speed, the power dumps and it goes back to almost idle, then after a few seconds, starts gradualling picking back up then does it again and the ESC was hot. Sound like I need a new one? It's only about 3 months old, but has probably less than ten flights total. Any advice?

I would recommend calling Joanne Miller (866-933-5972) during the week. Have your invoice and order number and she will help you.

CK

CK, does it sound like the ESC for sure? JoAnne has already replaced two batteries for me that I feel I should pay for now( I've already emailed her telling her so). Did I mention Hobby Lobby service is outstanding? I just want to get it right this time. Thanks for the help.

Go to the EDF Jets forum click on it and look at the second listing by DaveB4C click on the (eRC ESC Manual Color.pdf ) that Jason put there.

Take a look at this pdf it may be able to help you.... You can follow the instructions and see if it works but if not I would still call in. There is nothing more frustrating than a bad esc, battery, motor etc.

Good luck and let me know if the programming works,

CK

Thanks again, CK. Will do.

Hey jray,
    One more thing I thought of last night, what radio are you using? I have an art-tech 2.4 ghz that I was using in an airplaneW when I ran up the motor I got some weird things happening. I changed out the receiver with a new one for my DX7 and once it was bound problem was solved. If you have another receiver you might try this also.

CK

I'm using a DX8 with a 6110e. I will try to rebind to rule that out. I looked at the manual and I am going to try to reprogram, however, after looking at the maunal, I'm wondering if the esc is overheating. It was pretty warm....ok probably more like hot, and that sounds like what's happening. I was thinking of moving it to the bottom of the tray, directly in the airflow and try that.

esc should not be hot, warm but not so you couldn't hold it. I think you should call it in.

CK

Yeah, kind of what i thought. Thanks CK.