At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Samurai Sailplane

Samurai Sailplane

Versatile easy to transport high performance glider with included power system
    69 in. wingspan, 41-3/4 in. long, 462 sq. in. wing area, 33 oz. flying weight. This is an example of how great things can come in small packages. Seriously, the box is tiny! Samurai is packed with everything that you could want in an almost ready to fly sailplane. The fiberglass fuselage and carbon fiber tail boom is top notch and easily assembled. The wings come in three parts and are sheeted foam beautifully covered in genuine Oracover. A good photo-illustrated step-by-step instruction manual makes assembly an easy process. The instructions show the use of HS-125 thin wing servos and HS-65MG servos in the fuselage, we choose a much more economical approach using our eRC 8g servos throughout. We have flown the plane extensively and are very pleased with the results.

This is a 5-servo plane with individual aileron servos, a single servo each for flaps, elevator and rudder. Included in the kit is a powerful brushless motor (1800kv) and a 45A ESC as well as a turbo aluminum spinner and 10x6 carbon filled folding prop. The only additional parts required are a 2-cell 2100mAh LiPo battery, 5 servos and a 6-channel radio system. The supplied power system provides robust climb performance and once at altitude Samurai's excellent thermal performance will keep you aloft indefinitely. It's not just a floater either; Samurai has excellent aerobatic capabilities and a brisk roll rate with good energy retention. You'll be equally at home flying from a flat field or on the slope; the low drag airframe will put a smile on your face.

Link to product page

Re: Samurai Sailplane

Video
    [youtube:14h0j2je]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvRKxXEnDJ8[/youtube:14h0j2je]

I don't have any 2cell 2100mAh batteries, but I have a ton of 3 cell batteries. Will a 3 cell 2100mAh fit and work with this setup?

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by harrymc
    I don't have any 2cell 2100mAh batteries, but I have a ton of 3 cell batteries. Will a 3 cell 2100mAh fit and work with this setup?

Harry

a 3 cell fits, but you would probably want to change the prop to a smaller size or not use full throttle.

Jason

Hello there Jason.

I am wondering what is the power system numbers?
    Such as what amps and watts does this kit comes with?
    What radio system are you running inside it?
    What was the AUW of the one you flew in the video?
    Where was the CG set at and hat did you find to be the best for aerobatics and then what was best for thermaling?
    I have ordered this ship hoping to get it before my B-day. Because, I would love to have it aloft on that day.

Thank you for answering my questions.
    Elvan Wilson II

Hi there,
    If I remember right I was pulling about 23A which would put the wattage around 180Watts. Weight was right at 33oz. I was using a JR 9303 radio with a Spektrum 6100 receiver. CG was set per the manual and I found no need to change it. Happy Birthday and have fun!

Jason

Thank you for the happy B-day!
    Also thank you for answer my questions!
    Elvan Wilson II

Quote Originally Posted by Elvan Wilson
    Hello there Jason.

I am wondering what is the power system numbers?
    Such as what amps and watts does this kit comes with?
    What radio system are you running inside it?
    What was the AUW of the one you flew in the video?
    Where was the CG set at and hat did you find to be the best for aerobatics and then what was best for thermaling?
    I have ordered this ship hoping to get it before my B-day. Because, I would love to have it aloft on that day.

Thank you for answering my questions.
    Elvan Wilson II
    Jason,
    In your answer you weren't too specific as to the power rating of this motor.
    The question is not how many amps you were pulling, but how many amps this motor is rated at?
    Also , how many Kv's?

pete
    pete

It's an 1800Kv motor, but I don't have the max specs on it.

Jason