At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Installing eRC .20 engine

Installing eRC .20 engine

I just purchased an eRC .20 motor for my new model. The box contains a lot of pieces but no instructions. How do I put it all together? How do I attach the propeller? Are there any instructions anywhere I can look at? (This is my first attempt at electric aircraft.)

Re: Installing eRC .20 engine

Quote Originally Posted by ataylor
    I just purchased an eRC .20 motor for my new model. The box contains a lot of pieces but no instructions. How do I put it all together? How do I attach the propeller? Are there any instructions anywhere I can look at? (This is my first attempt at electric aircraft.)

Hi Ataylor,
    First of all the parts you have should be;
    3pieces that are actually heat shrink tube for the wire,
    3gold wire connectors that need to be soldered to the wires,
    4mounting screws to mount the motor to the motor mount,
    1 cross piece/ motor mount, align the holes on the motor mount with the back of the motor an install the 4 screws.
    There should be 5pieces left, these are for mounting the prop. The piece that looks like a collet goes on the motor shaft first, then the tapered collar fits on next. then put on the prop, the washer is next and the nut goes on last. Tighten done the nut. You can also use the nose cone instead of the washer and nut to hold the prop on.

Hope this helps and makes sense,

CK

Thanks for the reply. Everything seems to be ok but the shaft of the collet that the prop slips over is very long. If I tighten down the nut and washer to get the collet to grab the motor shaft there is about 9/16" of threaded shaft exposed. The nose cone does not screw down that far. I guess I won't know if needed until I install it on the plane, but could a spacer be put between the prop and the piece that clamps the collet?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/hobbylobbypdf/am23-inst.pdf

Look at this PDF of the Atlas motor, the parts will be a little different but it shows how to install the prop etc,

The gold connectors need to be the same as the ones on the esc/motor controller in order to work.

CK