At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: F9F Panther Wing Repair

F9F Panther Wing Repair

I just got my panther F9F in the air on its first flight, and well... it got caught by the soccer net.

It broke the left wing in half :oops:

Do you recommend putting on a new wing, or gluing this one? I think it will glue together, just not sure if that will throw the weight off.

Thanks to all the other posts out there I was able to add extra weight to the nose, and get the plane in the air right away.

I am getting used to those ailerons is hard, its been a while since I have flown with them

Thanks for your feedback.

Re: F9F Panther Wing Repair

Quote Originally Posted by fsugradGB
    I just got my panther F9F in the air on its first flight, and well... it got caught by the soccer net.

It broke the left wing in half :oops:

Do you recommend putting on a new wing, or gluing this one? I think it will glue together, just not sure if that will throw the weight off.

Thanks to all the other posts out there I was able to add extra weight to the nose, and get the plane in the air right away.

I am getting used to those ailerons is hard, its been a while since I have flown with them

Thanks for your feedback.

Most of making a repair depends on how badly damaged the pieces are. The good thing with foam is that the weight from the glue won't be that noticable unless you really get carried away. If the wing can be put back together so it maintains the shape pretty much of the wing before it was broken then it should work very well and fly pretty well also.

If it is too far gone to repair reasonably then a new one would be the way to go. You can purchase a main wing set for $20.00 from HL. The part # is HLI6903 and you would be as good as new.

Hope this helps,

CK

Thanks for the fast reply. thats kind of what I thought so I will give it a try.

Since I am learning on ailerons, should I set the movement lower then the low setting?

thanks

I wouldn't set them much lower than the low rate in the manual because you might have a problem getting enough to turn with. Better to get used to using less left right movement on the sticks. Jets are a lot of fun for sure but if this is your first aileron plane you may want to try something not quite as fast, like maybe the Parkzone F4F wildcat, or the A6M zero. These two fly almost like trainers and also they have ailerons to help give you more practice at much slower flying speed.

Hope this help,

CK

OK thanks, I will check that out. I have a Jet trainer with big wings with out ailerons and got used to it. The ailerons were hard to get used to.