At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: First EDF - Recommendations?

First EDF - Recommendations?

I am looking for a my first EDF. Guess I would be an intermediate pilot.... Fly a 3-cell funjet, looking for something similar in flight without breaking my piggy bank. Have an extra Hitec 2.4 receiver to drop in....

Re: First EDF - Recommendations?

Hi Kurt100,

I would recommend either the F-86, Mig 15, or the F9F that HL sells for around $119.00 each. They come set up ready to fly, all you need is a the 4 channel Radio and receiver. They fly great and are a lot of fun. They are made of EPO foam and are pretty tuff little planes. They make a great first EDF.

Colorado kid

It looks like the three are about the same speed wise (65 mph). I will probably end up with a MIG (the red one is a good choice for older eyes). But out of curiosity, what would you recommend for the next step up in speed? I like the look and speed of the A_4 Skyhawk, but appears to be a lot more work to assemble especially with some of the upgrades people are suggesting. What else do you or others like?

Well here is what Jason had to say, about the fastest HL has.

Re: Which jet is the fastest...pure speed?
    by Jason Cole Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:47 pm

The fastest stock edf jet we carry is the F-18. Don't install the tanks and stuff for less drag. It's a little over 80MPH stock. Hope that helps.

This was the old fastest EDF, The new Rebel 70 according to Jason will be in the area of 85mph+ depending on whether you install the landing gear or leave it off.
    Takes an Intermediate pilot with aileron experience.

Hope this helps you....