At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: F35 EDF Nose Gear

F35 EDF Nose Gear

Today I did 2 successful test fly's with the F35, after fixing the speed controller issue as instructed in my previous post. The only problem was that the nose gear, collapsed on both landings, even though they were soft ones. In both occasions, after picking the plane up, the nose gear immediately went down and locked by itself.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jose

Re: F35 EDF Nose Gear

Jose,
    Sounds like the nose gear retract is not adjusted properly. There's a fine line between barely locking and being locked. Try increasing your end point adjustment on the gear channel, but not too much so as to bind up any of the servos. They will buzz pretty hard when you've gone too far. You could also do a mechanical adjustment to the linkage and make sure it is in the fully locked position. Once fully locked, you'll break something before the gear will collapse. Hope that helps.

Jason

I verified mechanically all three retracts, since one of the main landing gears was not locking when I put together the plane. I'll verify again the nose gear travel as suggested. I'll let you know hot it goes.

Thanks,

Jose

Adjusted the nose gear servo travel and problem fixed.

Thanks,

Jose