At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Cessna C-37 Set-up Help

Cessna C-37 Set-up Help

Hi All,

Some time ago...probably a year or two...I bought a Cessna C-37 from HL on a crash sale. It's been sitting dormant in a closet for some time now, and I have finally decided to start setting it up and getting it ready to fly! The issue is...while I have several airplanes and would no longer consider myself a novice, this is the first time that I will be setting an airplane up without the help of a kit.

So, I'm wondering if anyone out there could give me some general advice on what I should pick up to finish it out. Specifically, I'd love some recommendations on which motor, ESC, battery configuration, servo type & servo configuration I should go with.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!!!

Re: Cessna C-37 Set-up Help

What is the listed flying weight?

Here is what I could find for you.

Airmaster specs:
    Wing 54.7
    Wing area 544 sq. in.
    Length 41
    Weight 4.4 to 4.8 lbs

Hope this helps

This is great. Thanks for the help thus far. It seems to me that the engine combo installed in this article provided for an underpowered configuration, considering it was so suceptible to windy conditions. Any advice on a nice powerful outrunner to pick up for this bird?

ERCBL25 motor
    30 amp ESC
    3cell lipo
    10x7 prop
    84 watts per pound= 50 climb

same setup with a 11x7 prop= 107 watts per pound and 80 climb.

Thanks! I look forward to getting this bird in the air!

If you watched the video and heard "is there enough power to take off....that was me. The plane was underpowered but it did have some questionable equipment. The jeti 30-3 was in moby the c-160 at one time and had great power. Moby crashed on take off ane one of the motors was heavily damaged, I was going to throw it away as the cap broke off the motor. Well the other dude of twodudesreviews.com decided it would be fine to just epoxy the cap back on. The motor never performed like it used to.

You can see how it performed in the c-160 it is under the twin engine section on www.twodudesreviews.com.

Ok look... We were all young and crazy once. Recycling a slightly damaged motor sounded like a good idea at the time... But, I still believe this plane would have been better off with a lipo battery and not the heavy NiMH battery pack. Also, a larger prop would have been a good idea as well.
    If I was to build this plane again I would go with:
    Motor: ATLAS 25 Brushless Outrunner Motor
    Battery: 3s LiPo 4000mAh
    http://www.hobby-lobby.com/atlas2921.ht ... Id=1168924

Thanks all! I really appreciate the input. When I get this thing up and running, I'll be sure to post on its progress...although with a baby on the way (she's literally ready to pop), it might be a few months until the ole C-37 springs off of the tarmac!

Thanks again!
    Alex