At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: F35 EDF

F35 EDF

Built the plane as per instructions. All functions work fine, except for the engine. I hear 4 beeps (I guess from speed controller), but the engine does not work. All servos, landing gear, VT, etc..works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: F35 EDF

What radio are you using? You can try the throttle calibration setting. Turn on the radio go to full throttle, plug in the battery. You'll hear two beeps then pull the throttle all the way down. The esc will arm and you'll be good to go.

Here is something you can try....
    Before you plug your battery in put the throttle To the full position, then plug in the battery. After you hear the beeps from the esc, move the throttle to full low position, wait for the last set of beeps. This should then allow you to start the engine with the next move of the throttle. Don't forget to turn on your transmitter before pluging in the battery.

Give it a try, if it doesn't work then contact support.

I am using a JR 12X. I'll give a try to the throttle up idea and will let you guys know.

Thanks

Fixed. Thanks a lot, specially been able to answer on a Sunday.

(Super Bowl sunday that is !!!)

Hopefully I will fly it this week. I'll let you know how it goes m

Thanks again.

Jose

I would just like to say thank you for the advice. Working on my first edf yesterday and had this problem. I googled "my edf engine just beeps and doesn't work" and I found this thread. Thank goodness for the Internet. After reading this, did as you said and my EDF is up and running and ready for its maiden flight! Again, Thanks