At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: dumb mistake with tail rotor servo

dumb mistake with tail rotor servo

Yeah, I know i should have paid more attention. So just how does the servo for the tail rotor go into a blade 400? What is the orientation of it? The diagrams are a bit frustrating. And has anybody else had a hard time getting ther tail boom in correctly? I had to slightly sand mine to get in in.

Re: dumb mistake with tail rotor servo

Sanding works well. Sometimes you just have to make things fit. It's not all plug and play. That's part of why this is a hobby and not just toys. Have fun with it!

Jason

But what is the orintation of the tail rotor servo? After the helicopter got thru with the lights in the chandeleir and hitting the tv cabinet I had to replace some stuff, such as main blades and so on, and forget how the tail rotor servo was set up. At this time i have the servo arm in an up postion, seems thats how it fitted the best with the most travel without hitting anything. The diagrams I see on the web and the ones in my handbook are a bit confusing. I removed the tail rotor servo so i could get the belt out of the way to better fit the tail boom.

Here's a photo that should help.

The servo output is closest to the the front of the heli and the arm is pointing up.

Thank you. I had seen photos that were installed with differant configurations and it was confusing. Perhaps the ones I saw that were differant were aftermarket or custom built by people with more experiance than I.
    You have cleared that up, so now I can crash again, only outside this time. lol
    Thank you
    Dave