At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Which jet is the fastest...pure speed?

Which jet is the fastest...pure speed?

I have had a few EDF's now. They ranged in speeds from 50-80mph. For my next jet, I want something fast. I would prefer it to hit well over 100 mph on any given day. I only use high discharge batteries, so that is not an issue. Our runway is grass, so I prefer hand launch unless it can handle grass well. Doesn't matter if it has thrust vectoring. I would prefer it, but speed is my main goal for this jet. Which is the fastest jet that you guys carry?

Thanks,
    Bobby

Re: Which jet is the fastest...pure speed?

Hi Bobby,
    The fastest stock edf jet we carry is the F-18. Don't install the tanks and stuff for less drag. It's a little over 80MPH stock. Hope that helps.

Jason Cole

Thanks jason,

I will pick one up and maybe try to lighten it a bit.

Has anyone tried a higher cell count with corresponding esc? Just curious if the motor and fan could handle it.

Motor and fan won't handle more than 6S. Higher C rated packs will provide slightly more power though. You could take out the landing gear and loose a good bit a weight there. I've hand launched mine before and it was no problem.

Jason

Jason,

Thanks for your help.

Bobby

Did you consider putting in a higher kv motor. The faster the fan spins the more speed.