At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Question about Push & Pull propellers of the same type

Question about Push & Pull propellers of the same type

Dear All,
    After wishing you all a very happy time at the new years, I have a question regarding the left and right spinning propellers. You might have seen some of you that if the propeller pitch is the other way, we have a air pressure which has been reversed.
    In short I am looking for these type of propellers, which would allow me to have one motor pulling , and the other pushing , just the catch is that I want both the properllers exactly the same pitch and the same size, just the opposite pitch exactly.
    Any ideas ? I appreciate your time and I hope I can get a link also to various size propellers of this type!
    Thanks in advance.
    ghasem

Re: Question about Push & Pull propellers of the same type

Not sure if these are the size you need, but they are they fit the description you're looking for. http://www.hobby-lobby.com/b_25_apache_ ... 7_prd1.htm

If you're going electric, buy two puller props of the same diameter and pitch. Mount the puller as usual and mount the one on the pusher motor backward. Reverse the rotation of the pusher motor by swhtiching any two wires from the ESC. Both motors will spin in the same direction but one will push and the other will pull. I've never tried but it ought to work in theory. I'd like to know if there are any torque issues. Good luck! Nosedive

The problem about having the same propeller type and pitch, is definitely to do with balancing and torque. What you have suggested from what I have understood, is that make the other motor spin in opposite direction, in order to do that, we will also need to mount the motor backwards to keep the drive (the motors need to push inthe same direction here). Now when mounting on the chassis, it will be hugely inconvenient with one motor mounted in backwards and spinning in reverse, so each motor basically pushes from its on side because of the required balance. It will not be much problem before lift of, but once it goes up, we will have this imbalance acting on the vehicle.

You dont have to mount any motors backwards, Just swap two of the three power leads until the motors counter rotate from each other. front motor should rotate clockwise. Rear motor should rotate in the same direction but because it is facing aft it will be in a counter rotating position. When you do this it will cancel out prop torque which is a good thing. This is correct. The propellers can and should be the same diameter and pitch. just turn the aft propeller around so it will push instead of pull. This is not rocket science. This is how the Dornier 335 works and it works well. Have fun.