At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: dx5e

dx5e

can i use my dx5e for more than 1 plane ?

Re: dx5e

Quote Originally Posted by luigi bella
    The answer is; The DX5E can be used with only one airplane at a time, In other words it does not have multi aircraft memory. It can however be reused in another plane and you can bind another receiver if you like. It is a one model memory transmitter.
    The DX6i has a 1o model memory so you can fly up to 10 airplanes and the transmitter will remember each set up. You may need to think upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.
    How do I change what receiver it is bound to ?

Quote Originally Posted by luigi bella
    If you buy a new receiver or use the same one, you will, after putting it in the next plane. You will put the bind plug into
    Yes you can.the connector that says battery, the throttle connector is where the plug from the esc/motor controller goes, and then the rest of the connectors to the proper servos. With the bind plug in its position plug in the battery so the led on the receiver starts to flash, turn on the transmitter either holding a button or the trainer switch, whichever is proper for the radio you have, for approximately 3-5 seconds or until the light on the receiver quits flashing, release the button/switch and the receiver will bind with the transmitter, giving you a solid light. The servos are then ready to test to make sure they are working. With the DX5E, every time you put the receiver in another plane you will have to rebind it in order for the two to work properly together.

The bindng operation is also in the manual that came with the transmitter, if you can't find it you can go to Horizon Hobbies' web site and download the manual for your Transmitter. (http://www.horizonhobby.com)

Have fun flying!