At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Hobby Lobby Visitors

Hobby Lobby Visitors

Mr. Schaumburg finds his plane
    We always love a great story about a man and his passion for radio control model airplanes and so when Mr. Al Schaumburg of Fort Walton Beach, FL, showed up in our retail store in Tennessee yesterday, we had a good time hearing about his passion for the Sig Rascal. Al, who readily admits that he probably has more airplanes than is good for him, began trying to acquire the Rascal over three years ago. After patiently waiting, a friend located the plane on eBay listing. Al, being a modeler after our own heart, promptly jumped into his specially outfitted van and hit the road to Ohio, where he bought a beautiful, “only four times flown with a Saito Golden Knight engine” Rascal. On his way back home, Al stopped at Hobby Lobby where we had a great time chatting about one of his other favorite planes, the Telemaster, and critical rubber band lengths required for bigger birds (thanks, Al, we’ll be hunting for those 069 sizes). We also were treated to a viewing of this special Rascal and it was a beauty. Hopefully Al will be sending us pictures of his first flights soon. We love seeing our modelers and having them stop in to visit!

Re: Hobby Lobby Visitors

I live too far away to just "drop in", but I did make it there once. Bought a Micro-Telemaster and a few other items. Love that plane.

Also went past a couple times since, but always too late to find the store open :(

I did enjoy my visit and I'll get back sometime. Great staff there. My wife and I had a great time chatting with everyone.

Cliff