At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: FlyCamOne2

FlyCamOne2

FlyCamOne2

FlyCamOne2 has been the most popular micro video camera for radio controlled model aircraft. It's small size, ease of use, and low weight, make it the perfect choice for capturing video from the air. Version-2: 3" x 1-1/2" x 1/2" (camera only), 1 oz. V.2 changes include: larger resolution, LCD display, rotating lens, longer battery life, and a thermal activated motion detector. Video camera includes audio, still photos, a voice recorder, USB drive, and a Webcam. Unit is small enough to mount on just about any model airplane, small parkflyers, RC cars, trains, skate boards, or even a kite. Can be remotely activated using an additional servo.

Videos are recorded with a resolution of 640x480 for clear playback, complete with sound, and 640x480 pixels for still photos. Camera lens rotates 90 degrees so you can take photos or video from multiple angles. Built-in rechargeable 200 mAh Li-Ion battery that charges via the USB port on your computer in about 1 to 1-1/2 hours. For video and audio-recordings, FlyCamOne2 requires a minimum sustained write speed of 9 megabytes (MB) per second and a read speed of 10MB per second (not included).

With a 2GB SD card (not included) the video recording time is about 30 minutes. Webcam use requires the included software and USB cable. No software required for all other uses! You can edit and compress the .avi video files using Windows Movie Maker, included with Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista.

Here's a few of the technical support threads on FlyCamOne2:
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=504
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=269
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=171
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=178

Re: FlyCamOne2 problems

I've been using the FlyCamOne2 for a while to take ariel photos from my RC plane. It has worked fine up to last week when from one photo to the next it went from normal to what appears to be heavily solarized images. I use it in PE mode (photo every 4 seconds)

I would love to attach an image sample but don't have an idea of how to do it. Where do I upload to?

Is there any way of getting this camera repaired? I have had it for over a year.

Thanks

Re: FlyCamOne2

Underneath the post box there is a tab that says "Upload attachment" Click that and you can upload an image to this post. Not sure if it can be repaired after a year. You would need to call and talk to one of our service people.

Jason Cole

This is the worst product i have ever bought and dont try to get help from flycam itself they ask idiodic questions and then never respond back. My cam redords for 29 seconds to 3 minutes and thats it brand new out the box and charged. Flycam asked me two questions is it new and did you charge it (two differant emails) now i have not heard from them for about a month. What a wast of time and money dont ever buy a product from these people!!!!

Hobby Lobby supports flycam products in the US and fully warranties them. It is a great product and has been selling for many years. If you have a defective one, please return it to the place you bought it from and get a new one. You will be thrilled with it.

Jason

The FlyCamOne family contains a variety of cameras with unique features designed to appeal to various niche markets. The critter cam feature of a FlyCamOne2 camera was too slow to respond to a hummingbird, but it would likely record the other critters that wander thru my yard if I would take the time to set it up for that rather than fly it. I lost my first FlyCamOne2 when I crashed my Twister Skylift in a bamboo thicket. I found that camera a year later, more than a little worse for wear, but its memory chip was still good. It faithfully retained video of the crash and 15 minutes of the noise I made fruitlessly looking for the camera in the gathering darkness. I bought another FlyCamOne2. The instructions are a translation printed in a font that can only be desribed as microscopic. Most problems are the product of user inexperience multiplied by illegibly tiny instructions. It is unfortunate that you seem to have a problem other than illegible instructions, but Jason is correct. You ought to return it, because unlike cameras made from rejected phone parts soldered together into one printed circuit, the FlyCamOne2 has interchangeable parts that can be replaced to fix a problem. The battery has a connector. The lens can be focused. The camera cable plugs into the motherboard, and the dealer stands behind it.