At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: "50 flights" report

"50 flights" report

I finally have over 50 flights on my red/white Senior Telemaster. Not a scratch, dent, nick, loose part, nothing fell off, nothing broke and I still love flying her. I'm using an 850 kv motor powered by a 4 cell 5,000mAh lipo pack.

Take offs take about 8 feet if I want to get it up quick.....and that is from 4"tall grass. I know the grass is 4" tall because I have 4" wheels on the plane.

Landings are very slow and easy. This is my "relaxing" plane. I try to fly it scale like, but I do my share of loops and rolls .... with a split-S here and there. I have "flapperons", but they don't seem to make much difference. They do look rather cool though.

My only changes from a stock appearance was a change to machined 4" aluminum wheels and a wood propeller, both changes for a better look.

If you want a relaxing plane to fly, I really think this plane is hard to beat. Easy smooth flier, big and easy to see and all the room for things inside the fuselage that you could ask for.

Cliff

Re: "50 flights" report

Cliff,

Glad to hear that.

Do you specialize in Lazy 8's then?

Jay
    SAM Grand Champion 2004.07,10,12

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Burkart
    Cliff,

Glad to hear that.

Do you specialize in Lazy 8's then?

Jay
    VERY lazy :mrgreen:

Cliff

Congratulations on 50 flights. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of endurance do you get out of your battery setup and how much does the aircraft weight?

Thanks in advance!

Awesome! Congrats.

With the 4 cell 5,000 mAh lipo, I land after ten minutes or so to change out the battery. The plane could easily go 15 minutes, but I like to keep from draining my batteries too low. 10 minutes takes about 2,800mAh to recharge.

The plane weighs 10.5 lbs with the battery. You could easily add a second battery in parallel and double the flight times. The huge wing wouldn't notice the difference with the second battery.

Cliff

Thanks for the information! It will be a great data point if I get to start building my own electric telemaster.

Good luck with your Senior Telemaster when you start getting it ready. It is a great plane. I am running at 900 watts right now by the way and that is LOTS of power. Plenty for short takeoffs, loops, rolls and just about anything you can do with the plane. You really do not need that much power, but I fly off pretty tall grass, so I opted for some extra.

Cliff