At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: B-25 apache Retrac problem

B-25 apache Retrac problem

Mine come in good shape. I saw some one said you insert wing supports after you glue on first half?? Wrong. You must insert them in wing and then or you may not beable to linthem up . Mine wouldnt and I was careful but still poked it through fuse having then to repair with glue small peice that came out. Time for wiring is not explained in manual either so wire it all when you test prop direction, Also my retracs dont work. Rears extended when first plugging in battery but front didnt. Found the plug for front and plugged it in .nothing. After multiple attemps of doing everything I could think of including changing rx and tx suddenly front opened up. BUT now they do nothing.Wont close and are stuck open. HobbyLobby tech support has not contacted me back and I left a message 2 hours ago,nothing. I read in an intial review that others also are having retrac trouble. For$300 plus shipping its definently a disappointment and can not recommend it. Maybe if Tech support had contacted me back things would be different.

Re: B-25 apache Retrac problem

Quote Originally Posted by FOKKERDVII
    Mine come in good shape. I saw some one said you insert wing supports after you glue on first half?? Wrong. You must insert them in wing and then or you may not beable to linthem up . Mine wouldnt and I was careful but still poked it through fuse having then to repair with glue small peice that came out. Time for wiring is not explained in manual either so wire it all when you test prop direction, Also my retracs dont work. Rears extended when first plugging in battery but front didnt. Found the plug for front and plugged it in .nothing. After multiple attemps of doing everything I could think of including changing rx and tx suddenly front opened up. BUT now they do nothing.Wont close and are stuck open. HobbyLobby tech support has not contacted me back and I left a message 2 hours ago,nothing. I read in an intial review that others also are having retrac trouble. For$300 plus shipping its definently a disappointment and can not recommend it. Maybe if Tech support had contacted me back things would be different.
    Well, I believe problem is a bad 3 servo connector. I pushed around on it in 2 RX's and every once in a retracs would move. Not 100% sure but hopefully that's it. So now I need to get a 3 way servo connect.Wish me luck.

Re: B-25 apache Retrac problem

FOKKERDVII,

If you can't fix that 3 way connector there is a PN for it now.
    They are due in very soon as parts.
    The PN is ERC325030 but it does not show on the parts list yet.
    The cable can be fixed in many cases, look for a bad crimp on the pins.
    If the model is still under warranty got to our support tab on the web page
    and send us an email to techsupport with your order number and a description
    of the problem for the support tech.
    Regards,
    Jay Burkart
    SAM Grand Champion 2004.07,10,12