At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: F-86 Skyblazer no power

F-86 Skyblazer no power

Just picked this plane up and have been very disapointed with it. It has no power to fly properly. I am using the stock equipment that came with it (4300kv ducted fan, 15c 3s 1600ma lipo, 30A esc) this think does not even have the power to climb.

When I launch it, it just slowly flys at full throttle and does not gain any altitude. I can hear the fan screaming, but the plane does not go up.

Re: F-86 Skyblazer no power

It sounds as if the impeller is loose on the motor shaft.
    That model should have plenty of power.
    Access the fan assembly and tighten the impeller onto the motor shaft.
    Thanks,
    Jay Burkart
    SAM Grand Champion 2004.07,10,12

Thanks, but that was the first thing I did and found the fan tight to the motor. No slippage. I next aimed the output of the jet onto a digital scale and could only get 300g of thrust at full throttle which explains why it will not climb.

I am in the process of upgrading the fan, motor, esc and battery at this time. The setup up I am going to can give up to 800g of thrust, so this should work much better.

Regards,

Please let us know how it works out and how you go about it.
    If it is much of a mod, some pictures would be really nice to share.
    Thanks,
    Jay Burkart

Hi,

I experienced the same problem with my recent purchase of the F-86 Skyblazer jet. It does not have enough power. I had to fly at 85% of full throttle to stay up in the air. We should be able to fly easely at 50 to 60% at a confortable altitude, like a normal fly. I think this model has a missing in the design. I think it reside in the ratio of the inlet/outlet of the fuselage. The outlet is too large in circonference compared to the inlet at the front. I will try to put a cone (with a reduced outlet circonfeence) at the output (taped to the fuselage) without changing the CG too far back. Or I thought that this motor or fan was not suffisant for this plane in terms of power. Like SVT512 said, i am not very pleased with the performances of this plane. In your online video of this jet, it does'nt seem that the motor is suffering from power. Did you changed some parts in this plane prior to shooting this video or is it a new version of this plane ? It looks like I bought an old version of a plane not functionning properly.

I hope to get good explanations from your side ! By the way, this plane was shipped in a record time and packed pretty well. It was the first time i bought a plane from your place. Has a Canadian citizen, you got appealing marchandise and pretty competitive. I am anxious to fly again this great plane, but i would like to get some recommendations.

Best regards,

The planes in the video are absolutley stock and are of the same design and same components as the one
    that you have.
    We have hundreds out that are flying very well.
    At SEFF we had people buying them there and in a few hours flying them at the SEFF flyin
    with no problems.
    We will need to figure out where the problem is in the power train.
    Could be anything from the battery voltage being low, the ESC not coming up to full power,
    or the motor being down on power or the fan slipping on the shaft.
    Did you try resyncing the ESC to your transmitter so that the ESC will come up to full power?
    We have a good video on doing this on our web site under the SU-34, Here is the URL:
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/hobbylobbyvideo ... Arming.wmv
    The beep sequence may not be the same but the procedure is the same.
    You do this by turning on the transmitter and putting it up to full throttle.
    Then plug in the airplanes battery wait for the beeps from the ESC then pulling down the
    throttle to low on the transmitter. Then run the throttle up and test it.
    Often the throttles aren't going to full in some cases.
    Also make sure that the fan is tight on the shaft.
    Perhaps you have a bad component, I can send you repair parts but I need to process
    them through your account via the original order from us.
    Please contact me with your order number under which you purchase the model.
    You can do this by:
    sending me an email at this address:
    techsupport@hobby-lobby.com <techsupport@hobby-lobby.com>
    Regards,
    Jay Burkart

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I'll double-check the fan on the motor shaft for any loose part. I will definitively resyc the ESC and test it. Is there a manual for that ESC ? I am just curious.

If the problem persist, i will contact you.

Best regards,

I am sorry but there are no instructions for those ESC's.
    They are generic ESC's supplied by our manufacturers and they do
    not give us an information. They are just put with the model to do the job.
    Regards,
    Jay