At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Telemaster Struts

Telemaster Struts

In most cases the struts are not needed anymore. They were from when the Telemaster had a been used with very large battery packs back in the 1990's
    Or now if modelers are wanting to carry heavy loads.But for most sport flying they aren't needed.
    We don' t include a fuselage fastening system because most modelers prefer many different ways to hook up the struts so we just include the struts and leave the hookup to the modelers own design.
    Our Ready built Senior Telemaster web page has a few photos that might help you.
    Here is the URL:
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/hobbylobbypdf/hla007-inst.pdf

The little mounts he shows in the picture are our cat # GR36764 horns that mount through the side of the fuselage.
    And the strut material is cat # HLWK4420 through 4422, Senior Telemaster you should use the HLWK4421.

Jay Burkart
    SAM Grand Champion 2004.07,10,12

Re: Telemaster Struts

My 8' Senior Telemaster came with the small fuselage mounts shown on the plans. The only part I needed to figure out was how to mount the wing end of the struts.

I used a small set of brass hinges from the local hardware store. They were 1" wide. I just cut the strut side of the hinge to the same width as the strut, easy to do with brass. I then wrapped the strut end of the hing with thread and used CA to harden and secure the hinge (in addition to the screws). The threaded portion looked very nice once I painted the strut. The wing end of the hinge was just screwed into the hardpoint in the wing.

The struts stay on the wing at all times and just clip onto the fuseluge when assembling the plane at the field.

Easy, clean and cheap. Has work perfectly so far.

Cliff

My Senior Telemaster now has over 25 flights on it. I do large loops and left/right rolls with no problem. I've also done inverted flight.

Could I do this without the struts? I think so since the wing spars really look strong, but with a plane this size, I feel much bette with the struts on the plane. I think they make the plane look much nicer also.

Cliff

If any of you know what's going on in picture No.8, and how that assembly of tube and wire fixes to the wing, please let me know.

Come on Hobby-Lobby, I've built over 40 models and I still don't know what's happening! A little clarity in this area would be helpful.

Here is a good review showing how to do the struts.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... ter+struts

Regards,
    Jay Burkart
    SAM Grand Champion 2004.07,10,12

Pic #8 Telemaster Struts

Picture #8 shows the -wire that is formed into a point- pushed into the top of the strut. The extended line that looks similar to the drill bit is actually the male portion of the control arm. This makes the strut attached in a "semi permanant" fashion. I don't think Hobby Lobby made the instructions, but certainly that photograph is confusing.

Those are excellent photos. I mounted the wing attachment point quite a bit differently as I could not make out the photos that came with the airplane either.

Thanks for posting them!

Cliff

Thanks Jay.

I have an older Sr. Tele ARF. I join the wings at center with some heavy 3" clear strapping tape before flight. Should this be enough for everyday flying?

Tom

Certainly should be. I have over 100 flights on my Senior Telemaster and do not fasten the center of the wings at all. The rubber bands will keep the wing halves together easy enough as there is nothing to pull them apart in flight. Taping the wing halves together is fine, but I wanted to be able to take my wing apart into two 4 foot sections for easy transport.
    Cliff