At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: RTF vs. Plug and Play: Whats the difference

RTF vs. Plug and Play: Whats the difference

Hey everyone,

First off, I am new here so I wanted to say HI and I look forward to learning a ton and helping out where I can. I have only been flying since Christmas last year, but have been into RC Cars for some time.

Here is my question: I am looking at purchasing a my next plane and was considering the Dynam Hawk Sky. Is this a recommended RC plane? Everything I read says yes. Any thoughts. Additionally, down the road I want a F4U Corsair (always loved that plane). There are two listed for sale; Ready to Fly at $280.00 and the Plug and Play at $180.00. What's the difference between the two? It appears the RTF comes with a DX5e. Can I just bind the Plug and Play to the DX5e I already own? If not, what would it take to make it a BnF? If it doesnít come with a control and you canít bind it, how do you fly it? Thanks for your input!

VR,

James S.

Re: RTF vs. Plug and Play: Whats the difference

Why not try this model:
    EasyStar RTF Electric ParkflyerThe beginner's RC airplane that can fly itself in a completely ready-to-fly version!Product# MPX3203Price: $189.99
    It is on this URL:
    http://www.hobby-lobby.com/easystar_rtf_6860_prd1.htm

This is also a RTF and a proven great beginner plane.

Unfortunatley you cannot bind unlike or not the same brand 2.4ghz radios. They do not have the same signal coding and will not play together.
    To bind another plane to your Spektrum it has to be a Parkzone model or have a Spektrum receiver in it.
    RTF, means it comes with everything with it to make it fly. the whole radio system and everything.
    Plug and PLay ususally means that you have to put our own radio system into it.
    BNF or Bind N fly means that it will work with a Spektrum brand radio only.

Thanks,
    Jay Burkart
    SAM Grand Champion 2004.07,10,12

Jay,

Thanks for your reply to my questions. I appologize for the delay in a responce, however I am currently stationed in Afghanistan and we are on opposite time zones at the moment.

I did look at the Easy Star RTF and it is not much different from the Dynam Hawk Sky, but the price is what sold me on the Hawk Sky. It sells for $119.00 as opposed to the $189.99 of the Easy Star. All things being equil, I like both, but the price is the kicker for me. Now if I can just find one in stock somewhere....

"To bind another plane to your Spektrum it has to be a Parkzone model or have a Spektrum receiver in it."

Is it possible to put a Spektrum receive in the Plug and Play plane I want and if so wouldnt that cost less than $60.00? That still saves money on the Plug and Play over the RTF.

"Plug and PLay ususally means that you have to put our own radio system into it."

So it would have to be a system that is set up for that brand of plane? I can see how people wind up with 10 different controllers really quick. Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it. Sorry for such basic questions, but this is very new to me.

I started with a Vapor and love it. I want to move up to something a little more sturdy that I can fly outside and eventually move to a plane that is an old War Bird type.

Thanks again and yall stay safe.

James S.

"Is it possible to put a Spektrum receive in the Plug and Play plane I want and if so wouldnt that cost less than $60.00? That still saves money on the Plug and Play over the RTF. "

Yes it is, That is generally the way it is done.
    At least in RC for almost all the setups the Servos will plug into any of the receivers.
    So as long as the receiver in the airplane is compatible with the transmitter you are set.
    So it you get a Spektrum setup and plane that is plug and play or Bind and Fly will all work.
    Jay
    SAM Grand Champion 2004.07,10,12