At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: maiden flight 8' Senior Telemaster

maiden flight 8' Senior Telemaster

Finally got a very nice day to give my red/white Senior Telemaster it's maiden flight. It is electric with a Turnigy SK 50-55 580kv motor, 80 amp esc, Castle Creations 15 amp bec, 14x7 prop, 5,000mAh 4 cell lipo. All up weight of 10 lbs 13 oz. With this set up, the motor pulls 58.5 amps and 900 watts at full throttle, which is W-A-Y more than needed for flight or take off from tall grass!

For my first take off, I turned into the wind and slowly started to advance the throttle. The tail came up almost immediatly as the plane started to roll forward. Before I even got to half throttle, the plane was very gracefully airborn. 1 click of right aileron was the only trim needed.

1/2 throttle flight was very majestic as the plane performed beautiful (okay, slightly barreled) rolls, inverted flight, large easy loops and very realistic, full scale looking, landings.

It is everything I was hoping for and more. A beautiful plane in the air.

My only surprise was ground handling. I found that I really need full up elevator and slow taxiing to keep the tail down so that the tail wheel can steer.

I think I have installed a very good combination motor/prop/battery on the plane for flying. 10 minute flights used about 2,000 mAh from the battery pack.

Glad to see spring arrive. Happy flying to everyone!

Cliff

Re: maiden flight 8' Senior Telemaster

Great to hear from you Cliff.
    Now I am wishing for better weather up here. Still Cold Windy and rainy.
    Glad you are enjoying the Senior Tmaster.

Jay
    SAM Grand Champion 2004.07,10,12

Well Jay, I thought you were in Tennessee. Maybe not. I'm in northeastern Ohio. We have had a few good days with next week looking great. My first 5 flights have been fantastic even though I was flying in a 7-8 mph crosswind.

Cliff

Congratulations on your maiden flight Cliff!

Was your good lady wife there to witness the event?

Quote Originally Posted by Telemaster Sales UK
    Congratulations on your maiden flight Cliff!

Was your good lady wife there to witness the event?
    Yes she was. Also, since she also flys RC, I let her take the controls for a while. She has her own airplanes, but I let her play with mine sometimes.

Cliff