At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Eurofighter Programming Help / Canards and Retracts

Talking Eurofighter Programming Help / Canards and Retracts

JAY OR JASON - SEE THIS ANIMATED GIF - NOTICE HOW WHEN THE FLAPS are going to make the plane roll left or right, I DON'T think the canards are going in the correct direction as per the manual (step #55 and #56) or what i've seen in your flight video. Can you confirm or deny this?

UPDATE (again on 3/20/2010)
    I needed to swap canard wiring to the opposite reciver ports (aux1/aux2) as per manual documented.

The MANUAL STATED
    Left Canard = Aux 1
    Right Canard = Aux 2

I FOUND THAT to make all flaps/canards to work properly I had to configure
    Left Canard = Aux 2
    Right Canard = Aux 1

Not sure if this is 100% correct for everyone else but it worked for me. I also needed to REVERSE - REVERSING SW in my DX7 for RUDDER (wheel steering/vector thrust). These were the only things different from the manual instructions.

I have all the setting for my DX7 uploaded to my Flickr page...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/8593814...7623648406106/

Joshua Wilson

Re: Eurofighter Programming Help / Canards

Yep, you caught us. We missed that the canards were working backwards for aileron function. We fixed it and made a new GIF. The GIF is correct and we put an addendum in the boxes before they shipped out. Make it do what the GIF does and you'll be set.

Re: Eurofighter Programming Help / Canards

Thanks for the reply Jason.

The only other problem I'm having is "slop" in the landing gear retract system. I have them adjusted "mechanically" so they lock in place properly when the gear are down but when i have them go up there is not enough travel to bring them all the way up.

Is there a way to adjust the travel (exceed standard 100%) of the gear servos in my DX7 like you can for alerons, rudders, flaps, etc?

What are your suggestions for this?

Re: Eurofighter Programming Help / Canards and Retracts

Yes, you can use the Travel Adjust menu to change the end points of the gear channel.

Jason

Re: Eurofighter Programming Help / Canards and Retracts

Thank you Jason - I have the gear working properly now.