At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Another F-16 but W/ 360 Thrust Vectoring.

Another F-16 but W/ 360 Thrust Vectoring.

Another F-16 EDF Jet !!!!
    Ya, ok, its got bells and whistles w/ the 360 degree thrust vectoring, ( like the "drift" in the drift r/c car market ). Hello Hobby-Lobby! The EDF jet market is already saturated with F-16s, F-18s, F-15s, F-22s and we can not forget the Russians and their Su-34s! and many many other modern day jets.
    Please! Why not something different and new? How about a cold war era "F-84 Thunder Jet" or say a "P-80 Shooting Star" or perhaps a "F9f-8 Cougar"?
    Yes, the EPO "F-86 Sabre" by Free Wing is great. However, it is the straight winged Korean War Era jets that will go off the sales charts, just like Kyosho's "T-33A Shooting Star" did in the early 80s. Although this T-33A edf model is long out of production, it still is in great demand by edf jet collectors on Ebay selling for up to $300.00.

Tim Wan, owner of RC Lander, has many great 68 and 90mm edf jets. He is currently working on a new T-33a Shooting Star trainer. He is also developing larger 90mm power plants. I think he would be happy to feature some of his aircraft on Hobby-lobby.

Oh, by the way, there are no more experimental Multi-Axis Thrust Winged F-16s ! The MATW Program was canceled back in the late 90s by the USAF and Israel.

Just an informen IMO.

DryPipe.

Re: Another F-16 but W/ 360 Thrust Vectoring.

Thanks for the input. We are working on some of our own jets that will be coming to market soon. I'm sure you'll be pleased. :D

Jason Cole

Re: Another F-16 but W/ 360 Thrust Vectoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cole
    Thanks for the input. We are working on some of our own jets that will be coming to market soon. I'm sure you'll be pleased. :D

Jason Cole

Jason,

One of the most important factors to consider with the new line of jets, that will be coming to Hobby-Lobby, is to insist on a strong quality airframe made of either high quality EPO or composite material! I do not understand why Free Wing did not use EPO material in their fancy Su-34 360, F-35 360 and the F-16 360? (Also, no such thing as a production Thrust Vectoring F-16. It was only experimental for a few years and then axed.) Yes, Free Wing did use EPO in the smaller F-86 Sabre. Perhaps it is cheaper for a manufacturer and retailer to use EPS foam material in the larger EDF jets?
    The fact remains, who really wants to spend $300.00+ for a **FLYING EGG SHELL** when EPO foam is widely available? Even E-Flight's F-16 and ParkZone's Habu, with their junkie "Z" Foam, are much stronger and resilient than the cheap EPS used on the newer Free Wing Jets. ( Habu must be a cousin to the Multiplex Twister. No innovation in design here by Horizon Hobby. ).

A customer said in my LHS last week, in regards to the overpriced Free Wing (H-L) SU-34, "you can poke your finger right through the fuselage, just like a loaf of Wounder Bread!".

DryPipe.