At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Scale 80mm F-16

Super Scale 80mm F-16

Hi, I am thinking about purchasing this model and have the following questions:

1. Why does this aircraft need a hard surface for take-off? Is it due to a lack of power or is the landing gear too fragile?
    2. Can it be hand-launched?
    3. What is the foam density like? Is it fairly durable and dent-resistant?
    3. Has anyone flown this plane yet and, if so, has there been any feedback?

Thanks!

Mike

Re: Super Scale 80mm F-16

Hey Mike,
    The hard surface is best because the scale gear and small wheels. It would do better on grass if larger wheels were added. It is easy to hand launch with plenty of power and easy hand holds available. The foam is eps but is pretty dense and looks awesome painted up. The fan is the smoothest stock one I've seen. Hope that helps.

Jason Cole

Thanks for the info, Jason. One last question - If I installed larger wheels, do you think the landing gear struts (and mounting system) would be strong enough to handle a grass field?

Cheers!

Mike

It will as long as it's not crazy rough and you keep your landings smooth.

Thanks Jason.

Hello Jason, I need help in setting up either my futaba 2.4g 6 channel or dx6i. I can, seem to get the duel elevator to go up or down at the same time. Please Help. I am almost done. Thanks. :cry:

That's hard to do on this forum. I'd suggest giving our chief technical manager Robert a call at 615-732-7219 and I'm sure he'll be able to help you.

Jason Cole

Hello Jason, in the instruction it shows that you can set the control as v-tail. How well will it fly with this setup? Thanks :cry:

We set our up with the elevators working on as that and the ailerons working only has ailerons. I haven't tried it the other way and wouldn't recommend doing it as a V-tail.

Jason

Hey Jason i have all figure out this weekend. Everything is working fine and flying great. Thank for all of your input. :D