At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: any new arrival date for 8' Telemasters?

any new arrival date for 8' Telemasters?

I've got an 8' red/white Telemaster on order. I see Hobby-Lobby still shows "late November" as the anticipated availability date.

Since it is now December, any new projected date? I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas again :lol:

Cliff

Re: any new arrival date for 8' Telemasters?

I just received notice that the Senior Telemasters are in and mine has shipped :mrgreen:

Cliff

My huge red and white Senior Telemaster arrived today. After careful inspection, I can find not a single wrinkle or flaw. It looks perfect. The first ARF I have ever received in this condition. Now to start putting her together....and waiting for these 30 mph winds to go away :o

Cliff

Update: After a real close inspection and installing the tail feathers, I did find that the bulkhead under the rear part of the wing was broken loose and cracked on the left side. Easy epoxy repair and I could find no other damage.

The only big problem I've found is the smaller of the two wing spars. The large spar fits fine. The small one is too small allowing the wing to twist easily. If you think of a common 2X4, the "4" measurement is almost 1/8" too short and does not do much of anything. I'll have to glue some hardwood to the sides of this spar to make it fit properly. Not a real big deal, but the wing shouldn't have been made that way.

Great looking plane....and it is BIG!

Cliff

I wasn't doing a build thread here, but thought I'd post a solution to my small problems here.

The rear wing spar wasn't quite the correct size. It is shaped somewhat like a common 2X4 and the "4" measurement (height) is about 3/32" too short allowing the wing to twist quite a bit.

I figured that some shimming was in order. I wanted hardwood the same width as the spar to epoxy onto the spar. While thinking, I noticed my Star Bucks coffee stirrers on my workbench. My wife picked a few for me on one of her trips. Perfect. I epoxied on two layers, staggering the joints. A little touch up with sandpaper and the fit is nice and snug. Just the correct width and they are a nice hardwood.

Quick easy fix.

Cliff

Cliff,

Coffee stirrers seem to be the magic too and material for many of your fixes.
    Great work and keep them coming.
    Thanks so much,
    Jay Burkart
    SAM Grand Champion 2004.07,10,12

They also stir the "magic" that keeps me moving :lol:

Cliff

Always the perfect brew. Right??????
    and good to the last flight!
    Jay
    SAM Grand Champion 2004.07,10,12