At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: FlyCamOne2 extreme battery pack

FlyCamOne2 extreme battery pack

I bought the FlycamOne2 extreme battery pack and finally had a chance to use it. I like the ergonomic design and how they snap together. The problem is my flycam still only lasts about 30 minutes with battery pack installed. After checking the charge of both units, the flycam needs a recharge, but the battery pack still has a FULL CHARGE?!? For some reason the flycam is not utilizing the battery packs power during use? :(
    So I tried an experiment using the flycam with a dead battery and installing the battery pack with a full charge. the flycam will NOT EVEN TURN ON. :x The Flycam is new and has only been on 3 flights so far. This is when I discovered the camera IS NOT utilizing power from the extreme battery pack. I bought this battery pack because of the unreliable battery installed in the FlyCamOne2 (seems to fail sooner the more it is used). This is my second flycam as the battery crapped out in the first one and I was intent on using the extreme battery to resolve this problem with new flycam.
    Also, the battery pack came with a 4 pin USB adapter as shown in your ad here: http://www.hobby-lobby.com/flycamone2_e ... 6_prd1.htm, but I charge the battery with the cable that came witht the flycam (standard USB cable). What is the 4-PIN CONNECTOR used for? The manual says its for charging other units???? What does that mean? Please help. Thanks, Larry

Re: FlyCamOne2 extreme battery pack

I replied back to you today on a Support case that you opened up.
    We will continue on the replies using the support case.
    Thanks,
    Jay
    SAM Grand Champion 2004.07,10,12

Larry,
    I have done a lot of checking and experimenting with the Extreme battery (EXB) option.
    When the extreme battery is charged a tiny green led will light near the mini USB port.
    The EXB will run the camera for about 3 hours recording or so. I even disconnected the internal battery
    and ran it for that long. I also put a bad internal battery into the FCO2 and ran the camera with
    the EXB hooked piggy back for 3 hours all the time recording.
    I have noticed that at time the little gold plated tabs may get bent down on the EXB where it hooks piggy back
    onto the FCO2 and not make good contact.
    So as far as I can tell the EXB will run the cameras I have tested here.
    Is your EXB fully charged and do you get the green LED?

Also the extra USB cable that comes with it is to be used to have the EXB to charge other external USB devices and
    as a possible remote control device hookup to the FCO2. There are some electronic devices out on the market that
    use a USB connection to power them.
    Regards,
    Jay Burkart
    SAM Grand Champion 2004.07,10,12

Hi Jay,
    That did the trick (made sure gold contacts are at the correct level and are even). After checking contacts and testing again, the flycam will FILL the 2 GIG sd card and seemed to be ready for more. Thanks for your support! :D Larry