At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ready Built Senior Telemaster, Red/White

Ready Built Senior Telemaster, Red/White

Ready Built Senior Telemaster, Red/White

Huge, Almost-Ready-to-Fly 8 foot Senior Telemaster ARF available in 2 colors
    94" wingspan, 64" long, 1330 sq. in. wing area (Stab area 320 sq. in.), 10 lbs. 8 oz. flying weight (41 series AXI motor, 16 NiMH cells). This is EXACTLY the same flying weight that it is when equipped with a glow engine. It is READY BUILT and COVERED in red & white iron-on covering. Just install your power system and radio equipment and FLY IT! Ready Built Senior Telemaster is accurately constructed of balsa and hardwoods, with a rib and spar wing. The quality is tops. How does it fly? Its a Telemaster - and nothing flies like a Telemaster! It will land backwards in a 15 mph wind. Its takeoffs are majestic like an airliner. For aerobatics or carrying heavy loads weve included wing struts and secure mounting points that will help the huge wing carry heavier positive G loads. Ready Built Senior Telemaster has a two-piece wing. You can haul it in a small car. Almost all hardware is included in the airplane's box: Wheels, steerable tail wheel, hinges, pushrods, control horns, and more. For 4 channels: Aileron (2 servos), Elevator, Rudder and Throttle. If you are building the Senior Telemaster for glow power you will need a .61 engine (TTR9160).

Re: Ready Built Senior Telemaster, Red/White

I built the red & white senior telemaster with a zenoah G20ei engine. Flys great, makes an excellent gas trainer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0053.JPG  

Heavy Duty,

Looks really good, bet that motor pulls is along quite well.
    How did you do the motor mount?
    Thanks so much for the post.
    Jay Burkart
    SAM Grand Champion 2004.07,10,12

Jay,
    I used a 3/16 ply doubler and square stock with blind nuts. Also, I eliminated the rubber band wing attachment with modified inner ribs and bolts at the rear. The senior telemaster will take off with 1/3 throttle and cruises at the same setting. after an hour run time, my 24 ounce tank was still 3/4 full. This is a really great plane with a great engine . excellent trainer.. Thanks

If you would take some good closeups of your mods and post them here for other guys.
    Especially the wing mount.
    Thanks very much.
    Good to see the mods you made.
    Jay
    SAM Grand Champion 2004.07,10,12

Jay,
    This is not my design, but I will show you my wing attachment system. The ribs were cut from 3/16 ply, the "hook" in front goes into the bulkhead, reinforce the bulkhead with ply or triangle stock.Then the rear is bolted into 3/16 ply with nylon bolts. I hope this will help other pilots get rid of rubber banded wings.I have also attached two more pics of my red & white version
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wing joint.jpg   wing spars.jpg   My 20cc Telemaster 1.JPG  

My 20cc Telemaster rear view.JPG  

I am also a proud owner of the 94" WS Senior Telemaster. Red and white version arf.
    wasnt easy to put together, especially those DAMM Servo Rods to the Elevator but was finally able to complete with a little help. Other than that everything else was ok. i am using the Rubber Band method and opted out of created a hole for the screw on method. Reason is that the Rubber bands seem to hold the Wing on Really good. i flew the plane like 10 times already and not a single issue with Rubber bands. i do use the struts as well.
    i converted mine to Electric only using a 5s 3850mah Lipo and it get like 12 Minutes of Flying. Amazing that i can go that long on a 3850mah Lipo. Imaging a 5000mah.
    I want to eventually attempt a loop but quite nervous on this large plane. Has anyone ever did a loop before? are these wings strong enough? Appreciate any feedback. I'm really enjoying this plane a lot. this is indeed my favorite and i have other Large RC Planes. Also does anyone own a 12" i would love to own one.
    well that's it for now. here's a quick video of my bird in action.

Reggie

VIDEO LINK BELOW.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FILE0012.JPG  

Hey Reggie, I can't say I've looped my Telemaster as I'm still building it. I have a couple questions for you though.

What size rubber bands did you end up using and how many? I know my old #64's are too short. Maybe tie a couple together?

Did your wing spars fit snuggly? My rear one seems quite loose and I'm going to have to build it up a bit I think.

Thanks,
    Cliff

[quote="rhampton"]

(snip)
    wasnt easy to put together, especially those DAMM Servo Rods to the Elevator but was finally able to complete with a little help.
    (snip)

Here is a tip to make fishing out the tips of those control rods much easier. I use a small straw (originally a straw type coffee stirrer from a fast food resaraunt) inserted slightly into the slot. Watch the for the end of the rod as you push the control rod back from the servo compartment. Push the rod end into the straw end and quide both out of the slot together. Easy!

For a double arangement like the Telemaster elevator, use two straws. After capturing the first rod, push that straw and rod slightly back into the slot and use the above method to capture the second rod. Then just pull them both out together.

Cliff

Nice tip!