At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: 6 Foot Telemaster Electro ARF

6 Foot Telemaster Electro ARF

6 Foot Telemaster Electro ARF

The world's best glow powered trainer is MUCH BETTER as an electric - More powerful and Ready Built!
    73-1/4" wingspan, 53-1/2" long, 848 sq. in. wing area, 88 oz. flying weight, 15 oz. per sq. ft. wing loading. Hundreds of modelers have had their first successful flying experience with a Telemaster, and many beginners have successfully flown a Telemaster 40 without assistance. With Telemaster Electro, all the things that made Telemaster 40 great are there but now in Almost Ready to Fly form. Its set up for AXI OUTRUNNER power (more powerful and no temperamental and messy glow motor to deal with). We wish that we could build a model this well; the construction is as though you had a Telemaster kit custom built for you. We insisted the plane be built up with stick longerons, not the light ply sheeting you find in other ARF planes. The motor mount is installed, ready for an AXI 2826/12 motor with a radial mount; the battery box is installed, ready for either 8-10 cell NiCad or NiMH batteries or a 3 cell Lipo pack. The access hatch for the battery is built and the magnetic latch pre-installed. Photo-illustrated instructions are included showing step-by-step how the model is assembled, including the addition of optional flaps (servo location in wing is pre-installed). For 4 channels: Ailerons (2 servos), Elevator, Rudder and Throttle, Flaps (2 servos) are optional.

Re: 6 Foot Telemaster Electro ARF

After rekitting 4 ARF's I was told to get the Tele.If it don't snow Sat.I'll find out just how good it flys.Yes I will again have flight trainers on hand to bail me out if needed.

I have a question regarding the Telemaster. The ad for this kit suggests using an AXI Gold 2826/12 Outrunner Motor. Presently I own the 2826/8 version. Am I right in assuming that this would not be a problem?

Art
    Tariffville, CT

That is a pretty hot motor, it will work, use a 3S lipo and prop at about 12 x 6.
    Make sure it gets good cooling.
    The drain on the lipo will be somewhere around 48 amps, so make sure you get a high enough C rating and the
    capacity you want for the flight time.

Jay
    SAM Grand Champion 2004.07,10,12

Intermediate Flyer, but beginner when it comes to finish work such as install of motors, servos etc.... Would like to move up to a Bigger size, say 6 ft but not sure about being able to do finsih work. Is the 6 ft Telemaster a good place to start? Easy to fly and easy to complete install of motor, servos and such.

The 6ft ARF Telemaster is not to bad to tackle if you are familiar with RC installs.
    It really would not be a good ARF if you have not ever done a Motor and radio install.
    Jay
    SAM Grand Champion 2004.07,10,12

One BIG advantage of the Telemaster is that there is LOTS of room to install everything. Smaller planes demand much more planning to fit everything in there. Look carefully at your current planes and figure out why things are located where they are located.

Your main concerns for the install is weight and balance. Access to items is also important.

I always just tape everything into place prior to any glueing of servo mounts and the like to make sure the CG is correct. Make sure all your wiring leads will reach or what length extenions you will need to purchase.

Just don't do anything permenant until you have everything figured out. Take your time. The help of an experienced builder would be invaluable.

I finished the 8' Telemaster recently and loved all the room available.....but then, I had just finished building a 17" Corsair :mrgreen:

Cliff

The 6' Telemaster has plenty of power to act as a video or still photo platform.

gb