At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Su-34 Fullback Twin Vectored Thrust RC Jet

Su-34 Fullback Twin Vectored Thrust RC Jet

Su-34 Fullback Twin Vectored Thrust RC Jet

World's first Twin vectored thrust ducted fan RC Jet performs maneuvers not possible with other RC Jets
    This is a BIG all molded foam jet with great detail and great performance. Two 64mm fans with two 3500 Kv Outrunner brushless motors and two 45 Amp brushless speed controllers power the big jet. Take offs from a smooth runway or short grass field are quick and the initial thrust will blast the jet nearly straight up.

The pilots in attendance at the 2009 Southeast Electric Flight Festival (SEFF) voted the Su-34 the "Best New Product" after watching the incredible flight performance of this cutting edge aircraft. Maneuvers that simply cannot be done with other jets are routine with the vectored thrust nozzles of the Su-34. The famous "Cobra Maneuver" can be flown as well as flips and tumbles that will amaze your flying buddies.

Each nozzle is individually controlled and is mixed with both elevator and aileron controls. A 7-channel computer radio (minimum) is a must. We show the step-by-step setup screens of how to program a Spektrum DX-7 with the mixing required. The jet is easy to fly and very solid in the air, however due to the setup, the model is best suited for the experienced to advanced RC pilot.

The Su-34 comes with a set of retractable landing gear with twin wheel trucks for the mains and steerable twin wheel nose gear. Each gear has its own adjustable servo for gear retraction. There are a total of 10 servos pre-installed in the jet: 2-elevator, 2-aileron, 2-vectored thrust, 3-gear retract, 1-steering.

Assembly only takes about 1-2 hours; epoxy glue is included for gluing wing and tail parts to the fuselage. Landing gear is pre-installed as are all other servos and control surfaces. The included 4-cell 3000 mAh lipo battery pack provides about a 4-minute flight - but what an exciting 4 minutes! An Su-34 Fullback Airframe Only version is also available.

Included with Su-34:

* 2 - 64mm Ducted Fans
    * 2 - 3500 Kv Outrunner Brushless Motors
    * 2 - 45 Amp Brushless Speed Controls
    * 2 - Thrust Vectoring Nozzles
    * 4S 3000 mAh 25C LiPo Battery Pack
    * Retractable Landing Gear with Nosewheel Steering

Specs:

* Wingspan: 35-1/2" (900 mm)
    * Fuselage Length: 57" (1450 mm)
    * Flying Weight: 53 oz. (1500 grams)

Re: Su-34 Fullback Twin Vectored Thrust RC Jet

Nice I want one of these. Will have to put it on the list for my aniversery in august :lol:

i want one! can you send one to the uk? at what cost?

We have a shipping cost calculator on our website now. Click the "Buy Now" button for the SU-34 and the next page has an Estimate Shipping section at the bottom. You will need to put in your country and code information and it will tell you what the shipping cost would be.

Thanks,
    Jason Cole
    Hobby Lobby

I'm really intrested in this jet. I have a Futaba 7c and it only has 3 programmable mixes, not four. And i also heard somebody mentioning mixing landing gear down and elevator. that makes 5. and i only have three. Has somebody figured out a way to set it up with only 3 programable mixes? It also has like 7 preprogramed mixes but they are for specific channals. I really want the plane with the full vectored thrust, but i dont want to buy a new radio. :?

You only really two mixes to take full advantage of the TV units. You don't really need to mix the ailerons to the TV units. I can't really notice them making a difference. There is no need to mix the landing gear to elevator. The trim is not effected enough to need that.

Thanks,
    Jason Cole

Hey guys,
    The SU-34's came in!!! They are shipping out today. The first shipment is gone! If you haven't ordered one yet, get online or call us up now to make sure you get in on the second shipment. These things are HOT!!!

Thanks,
    Jason Cole
    Hobby Lobby
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0751.JPG  

Hey guys,
    We have heard some reports that the motors on the SU-34 are not running at first. Some of the ESC's were not programmed properly at the factory. The fix is simple. Below is what you'll need to do to get the motors running. This works if both or only one motor is not running.

Turn on the transmitter first
    Move the throttle stick to the high position
    Plug in the battery
    You will hear some beeps
    After the beeps stop, move the throttle stick to the low position
    There will be some more beeps
    Now the ESC is armed and the motors should work.

(Note: Futaba radios may have to have the throttle channel reversed in the transmitter for this to work)

Thanks,
    Jason Cole
    Hobby Lobby

Jason,
    I just finished setting up my SU-34 using my 14 MZ Futaba radio. This airplane is awsome! However when I connect the battery it powers up the servos then both controllers just cotinue to beep. The motors do not run. I have reversed the throttle in my transmitter which is always required with Futaba. Can you help me? At least give me the controller information so I can do some research on my own.
    Thanks for your help in advance.
    Dave

DAve T.

Jason checked this out.
    Note the last sentence:

We are getting some reports that the motors on the SU-34 are not running. This is an ESC not programmed error. The fix is simple. Please do not tell anyone to fill out a returns case or send any replacement ESC's until they have tried this procedure twice. Make them do it twice to confirm.

Turn on the transmitter first
    Move the throttle stick to the high position
    Plug in the battery
    You will hear some beeps
    After the beeps stop, move the throttle stick to the low position
    There will be some more beeps
    Now the ESC is armed and the motors should work.

(Note: Futaba radios may have to have the throttle channel reversed in the transmitter for this to work)

Jay B.
    SAM Grand Champion 2004.07,10,12