At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: A-7 Corsair II ARF RC Jet

A-7 Corsair II ARF RC Jet

A-7 Corsair II ARF RC Jet

BIG 70mm fan and 4 cell pack for high speed fun
    32-1/4" wingspan, 36-3/4" long, 240 sq. in. wing area, 30-1/2 oz. flying weight. The 70mm fan with its outrunner motor on 4 lithium polymer cells propels the big A-7 with power and speed. Handlaunches are a breeze; the airplane has an easy to grip fuselage, just a firm toss and off you go. Assembly is quick as all of the tough steps have been pre-done. Tail surfaces must be glued to the fuselage and connected to the pre-installed servos. The main wing has carbon tube reinforcements and must be screwed in place on the fuselage after connecting the aileron servos to your receiver. By the time you have the included 2200 mAh 4-cell battery charged, you should be ready to fly. The CG is set automatically when you install the battery in the battery compartment under the canopy. This airplane is handlaunched and lands on its belly, great for those who don't have a paved runway to fly from. Airplane comes pre-painted with the water slide decals pre-applied. Ducted fan and motor unit is easily accessible through a hatch in the bottom of the fuselage. This is a 4 servo airplane: 2 for ailerons and 2 for elevators. Check out our web video for a great demonstration of the easy handlaunch and great flight characteristics of the A-7 Corsair II. Also available in an Airframe Only version.

Re: A-7 Corsair II ARF RC Jet

Jason,

Will the stock Multiplex fan unit and motor from the Twister fit inside the A7 and work well?

Thanks, Jeff

Good question Jeff. I really don't know the answer though. Maybe somebody has tried it and could chime in here.

Jason Cole

jASON; i'M thinking of buying either the A-7 Corsair or the F-4 phantom. Can you compair the two, such as top speed, run time, bad habbits, ect. Thanks. Drue

Sure thing. I'll start with this, the F4 is my favorite jet so far, but I love the A7 too. They do have different characteristics. I like the landing gear on the F4. It's fun to do harrier touch n' goes with it. The speed is pretty close between the two but the A7 is slightly faster. The F4 is more aerobatic. It rolls faster and turns sharper. The A7 is more of a fast, smooth, flys on rails style. They both slow down nicely for landings. I like them both, but again, the F4 is my personal favorite of all the ones I've flown so far.

Thanks,
    Jason Cole
    Hobby Lobby

Thanks Jason; I bought two A-7s on sale and have enjoyed the jet so far. First EDF so a little different flying compaired to my prop planes. Thanks for your advice, I will buy the F-4 later. Can you tell me the weight of the stock battery in the A-7 and is it the same battery as the F-4? Thanks again. Drue

Yeah it's pretty much the same battery as the F4. I'm not what the weight on them though.

Jason Cole

I weighed the battery pack in the A-7.
    8.635 oz.
    Jay

Whoops, didn't notice the comma so I fixed it.
    Thanks
    SAM Grand Champion 2004.07,10,12

Thanks Jay; I think you mean 8.635 oz. I found some scales at work and the battery weighted in at 8.7127 oz. or 247 grams. Drue

I just finished assembling this jet. I installed a 69mm Eflite V15 ducted set up. I am using an Eflite 60amp ESC w/BEC powered by a 4 cell, 2350mAh, 25C Rhino lipo. This jet SCREAMS!! Its very stable and also glides well. I was actually surprised how well it flew. Keep up the good work HL!!