At (or Near) Wholesale Prices: Happy Product - Sad Box >
Give Us A Call
615-373-1444

10am - 4pm CST

Thread: Pilot-1 "Waco YKS-6" 1/8 Scale ARF

Pilot-1 "Waco YKS-6" 1/8 Scale ARF

RCM8930 Pilot-1 "Waco YKS-6" 1/8 Scale ARF

50" wingspan, 37" long, 624 sq. in. wing area, 43 oz. flying weight. There are few things more attractive than a Golden Age biplane and WACO created some of the best. Our Pilot-1 Waco YKS-6 in 1/8 scale captures the overall beauty of this airplane and brings it to you in an easy to assemble ARF. Precision laser cut all wood construction, pre-assembled and pre-covered in genuine Oracover. Much simpler to assemble than many biplanes, the Waco's upper wing attaches to the side on the fuselage and is automatically aligned. Assembly will take 6-8 hours, the illustrated instructions provide clear guidance. Our recommended power system provides plenty of power for quick take-offs and a great climb. The airplane will perform all the standard aerobatic maneuvers but is at its best flying in a scale manner, doing touch-and-go's and shooting landings. Flight times are 10-15 minutes. For 4-channels: Ailerons (2 servos), Elevator, Rudder and Throttle.

For more information and to watch the video click HERE

Use this thread to discuss any and all things related to Pilot-1 "Waco YKS-6"

Re: Pilot-1 "Waco YKS-6" 1/8 Scale ARF

OK, I've CA'd the carbon push-rods where the metal attaches. I was able to get the metal in about 5/8". The manual says 3/4",but I found that was impossible and I didn't want to break them.

I then added the shrink-wrap, and CA'd them again. I'm nervous about these-never done this technique before. Particularly the elevator. Will these hold up ok? Please tell me not to worry! :(
    AMA # 903699

Tony,

I do this all the time. Great way to make pushrods with a wire z bend on the end.
    Try pulling on it and excersize it a little.
    Turns out CA has a great affinity for Carbon fiber and stick like crazy.
    This is a trick that has come about in about the last 5 years or so.
    Jay
    SAM Grand Champion 2004.07,10,12

New permanent pricing change.... Now just $179.99

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/1_8_scale_wa ... 0_prd1.htm

This model is the pride of my fleet. It's rock solid in the air and on the ground.

My WACO YKS-6 video:

And some still photos:
    http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/a.../WACO%20YKS-6/

Wow, what a beautiful airplane.

Soooo many planes.....so little time.

Cliff